Urgent Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by White Dove, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

For all who believe in the power of prayer please pray with me for those that are hurting...

Our Father who art in Heaven,

I come before you tonight in prayer not only here online but in private that you please keep an eye on ace and on those who are hurting. I ask that if it be your will please keep ace safe and from any harm... Please father do not take him tonight? Please let him live on? Please help him to understand that you love him.. Father i would give my life up for him tonight.. If you must take someone, i ask that you take me and let him live... Father please watch over everyone here.. They are all your children rather they believe in you or not does not mean that you dont love them cause you love all your children and am patient with all of us.

I ask that you watch over all those here that are hurting.. Father please heal all their pain if it be your will.. Please help them and ease their hurting hearts. Please let them know that you love them..? Please show them your love father..? Please watch over those who are alone and have no one , the children in orphans , let them know you love them

Father please watch over all those who are fighting in the world in this war, please help return them home safe and back to their loved ones..? please watch over all the sick in the hospitals, all those that are hungry in the world tonight, all those that are in fear, in isolation, in pain throughout this world? Please watch over all those that protect and serve, the police, the nurses, doctors, fireman, etc.. Please watch over all the teachers , ministers, and those in authority.

Please watch over the Daltons and keep them safe and from all harm if it be your will, and please watch over the other sites that i used to visit and help keep all their members safe and in your care.. especially those dealing with illnesses.

And Father, please last watch over me? Help me to live each day as you want me to, help me to be what you expect of me, help me to be not boastful or proud but help me to be humble .. And if you will , please help to ease this cancer pain so i can spend a little more time with my nieces before i go home to you but if you need me there in heaven then please help my family when i come home with you, help ease their pain of losing me.. And father please help those above before me, put me last , but them first.. they need your love and help more then me father, please care for them first.. me last

A-MEN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

3. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Dear Father,
    please watch over all the victims of american imperialism as well. help them get rid of their opressors. watch over the prisoners. watch over the tortured. watch over all that defend their country, region and culture against the Empire, who sacrifice their life in an unfair battle. Watch over the poor and the left out, the outcast, the silenced. watch over victims. watch over the sensitive, the intelligent, the doubting.

4. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

I'm not going to offer a prayer to any one, but simply appeal to rationality, and hope that people eventually realise that it's better to adress the problems at hand, rather than let them be in the hope that it will all be sorted out later by some god-like figure (sort out your broken relationship with your father first).
    Recomended reading:
    [​IMG]

5. ybt

ybt Guest

Not helpful.

6. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Well said, Testify

7. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

that reads like an apology, no need dude. just dont do it again

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

People, this is a prayer request. If you don't believe in God, then say nothing and move on with your life. This is not a thread debating religion. So rude.

9. ybt

ybt Guest

Exactly, and I would like all the anti-prayer shit to be removed.

I don't even believe in prayer, but I think it's wrong that people are going around saying these inappropriate things in this thread.

10. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

re: anastasia/ybt

11. Esmeralda

Then I think the thread should be moved out of the Soap Box as the intent of the author was clearly not to start a debate but to request the thoughts and prayers of people on the board. I stand by what I said though. Regardless of the rules of the "Soap Box", the author was making a simple request to those who believe in prayer and I think it was bad form to start posting anti-prayer propaganda.

12. ybt

ybt Guest

I believe, Sir, that you have found a loophole. Congratulations, though if White Dove doesn't want (I still think it's heartless) anti-religious rhetoric she should request the topic to be moved.

13. Esmeralda

Indeed.

14. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

no loop holes ybt, there is no competition nor plight here, I see where you guys are comin from with your sentiments and i take heart from it but just like every other post here, its gonna get scrutinized.

I agree it would be better placed in another section, and would also suggest another section specifically for prayers of this nature. we could probably call it the obitchuaries?

15. ybt

ybt Guest

Hmm? I said he found a loophole against me.

16. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

did you? oh, never mind then. just trying to help

17. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter if someone wants to debate in this thread about this topic....

It doesnt matter rather anyone believes in prayer or about God cause that is their beliefs and i have mine..

I simply asked for those that believed in prayer to please keep Ace and all others in their prayers..

If you dont belive in God or prayers that is your choice but as for me i believe in God.. I believe in Jesus Christ.. I believe in heaven.. I believe in prayers.. and that is my faith..

Bible says to pray for one another and i do ....

You want to debate the power of prayers then we can... I can start another thread or we can start from here? I have a lot of prayers that have been answered for me and a lot of them keep me safe... The reason i pray and believe in them is because they are answered for me, not always the way i wanted but still they are answered according to Gods will...

I believe in them.. that is my faith and i will not waver from them..

18. Esmeralda

Well done, Susan. I feel the same way...you are in my prayers.

19. Cerberus

Cerberus Well-Known Member

Amen......stick to your guns and don't let somebody else tell you how or what to believe. at the end of this game called life, we are all brothers and sisters.

20. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

If you view rational argument as rhetoric, I think that says more about the way you think that it does about the argument itself.
    edit:I too wondered about the OP's reason for posting this thread here, but eh.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.