urges beginning again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by GA_lost, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I have been doing well the past six months keeping away from SI. Now though I am finding those urges beginning again. The past nine months have been some of the most difficult I have had for some time (my father got sick and died in March). The difficulties are more to do with my family (mother and sisters) than with grieving. So many old family problems came up. The aftereffects of the difficulties are pushing me towards SI. The easiest thing for me to do would be to SI, but that would also require my telling my T and Pdoc about it. Also I do not want to end this streak. I began SI again four years ago after 26 years of not doing it. Now I am close to saying it has ended, but the urges are back. I need some support from people who understand. My resistance is weakening.

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

You dont have to act on those urges hun. But i know what those urges are like and they can be a bitch (excuse my language). But they will pass so try to distract yourself till they do :hug: im here if you want to talk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.