Urges - Frustrated

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by brknsilence, Oct 5, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

So sick and tired of feeling the way I do. So irritable. So upset. Getting urges right now because I feel so angry with myself for how I been feeling and acting. A lot of times, I keep thinking I deserve to self harm because of how I act, think, and feel.

2. twinklil

twinklil Well-Known Member

Hi Brknsilence,
    gentle hugs for you if okay. I'm sorry that things are so hard for you right now. I know its hard to fight urges when one feels this way. Some things that help me get through that type of crisis is to do something else with my hands instead like watering the garden or taking a cool shower to change the temperature as a form of relaxing distraction. I wonder what helps you through difficult times such as this? When you say you deserve to self harm do you mean you think that you deserve to hurt - because I would tend to disagree as you are already hurting a very great deal so instead try to be kind to you instead in a non hurting way. And call for some help if you think you cannot keep yourself safe. Take care.

brknsilence likes this.
  3. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Thanks - trying to find other alternatives. Lately been reading a book to help distract myself. I do need to call my case manager soon. Emotionally struggling. May need to see if the Dr can increase my meds or something.