Urges - Not Sure Why...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by brknsilence, Jul 13, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I think maybe I am on idle and trying to rest. I don't know. Just getting urges to self harm.. Not sure why. Saddens me I get like this. I may try to do something constructive while sitting here. Hoping it helps. Just hate getting urges like this. Now feeling hungry too. :( ugggg...

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Not allowed to self harm when The Kid is in the forums, so think about something else until I am not around. Whatever happened to Jerry Springer?

We are allowed to feel hungry though. We just have to be sensible in what we eat. lots of fruit and veg remember. I am having mango, peaches and pear halves after a cheese and fish finger sandwich. Love mango and peaches, not so much pears.

3. brknsilence

Just had a sandwich. Was good but still hungry. Also still getting urges and getting annoyed by it.

4. DarkDays365

DarkDays365 Member

Order yourself your favorite meal to go or delivered right to your home :) Sometimes just eating my favorite food helps me feel life can be better.

5. brknsilence

Not sure what I'm craving. Having a fruit smoothie that seems to be helping with the hunger.

6. DarkDays365

DarkDays365 Member

Yum! And it is healthy too! No reason to suffer your body with hunger when your mind is already bothered. I hope your urge will pass soon.

7. brknsilence

I just feel irritable for no reason. I don't know why I get like this. Frustrating.

8. brknsilence

Just feel like crying now

9. DarkDays365

DarkDays365 Member

Awww I am sorry you are having a bad start of the day. If you want to cry, cry. But try and limit yourself to how long you are going to be crying. Then find some distractions. I find distractions to be really important when it comes to supressing negative emotions/thoughts.

10. brknsilence

Not sure what is wrong with me today. First the urges to self harm, irritability, wanting to cry, anxiety, and now fighting eating disorder urges. This sucks.... not sure if I'm tired or what. Just frustrated

11. SinisterKid

You never told me what became of Jerry Springer.

12. brknsilence

I don't know

13. SinisterKid

Neither do I. Must look into it.

Just wanted to distract you for a few if I could.........sorry, hugs.

14. brknsilence

Thanks for trying

15. DarkDays365

DarkDays365 Member

Hi brknsilence,
    Sorry I didn't know you are struggling with eating disorders. My suggestion of ordering food now becomes insensitive and inappropriate in the hindsight. Hope I didn't offend you in anyway.

16. brknsilence

You didn't offend me at all. Thanks for being there though and suggesting - was a good suggestion. I just don't understand what is going on with me today. I was fine for a few days and now back to where I was by being attacked within my mind with everything. i don't even know what is triggering all this. Tried getting a nap and still tired and sad. I just hope the rest of today gets better.

17. DarkDays365

DarkDays365 Member

We all have those days :( waking up in a sad stupor for no apparent reason...
    Try not so hard to figure out why, but focus on making yourself feel better. Do anything that makes you happy.
    Lets hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.