Urges.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by storm, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

The urges to hurt myself have been getting worse and more frequent. Today I had an urge to cut and it was so powerful it caused me to have to pull over. I sat there shaking and crying for almost 30 minutes. It's been so long since I have cut that I didn't want to give in but I NEEDED to at that moment. It was like...a part of me....like the same way I need air to breathe.

Does anyone else get these powerful urges?

2. Johnnie

Johnnie Member

I sometimes do. I just want to hurt myself and i just start crying. It's such a frenzied state for me that I can't even think straight. Sometimes I just need to find space to lay down by myself and cry it out. It's awful when it happens though. I have a tough time managing it except for crying. It's not a practical way of dealing though. I wish I knew how to deal better to offer you some help. But do know there's people you can talk to.

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Crying is incredibly healing in itself. Allowing yourself to feel the pain without judgement is really important. Sometimes I get so freaked out by my urges that I can't cry. I just go numb. That's when I know I'm really in trouble. Feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all right?

4. Johnnie

Johnnie Member

When I feel it coming on, I try to do things to get my emotions going, like listening to sad music. That usually isn't good, because I often have thoughts of ending things. I just want to feel, and I'd rather be in an uncontrollable crying moment than nothing. I hate the numbness because I just don't know what I'll do to myself. All of this just rules my life and sometimes I just want it to stop.

5. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I feel like this 24-7.

6. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Me too. 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.