Urges

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by absolution, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

How do i get rid of them....especially the urge to cut? i mean i dont want to anymore but its as bad as a heroin addiction....fuck!! ~sam

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard as you say it is like an addiction it is a coping skill like all others but a negative one. You need to replace it with a positive coping skill. Running listen to music. Taking a hot bath screaming whatever it takes to replace the old habit. Self care remove the tool of choice get yourself out of the room call someone go shopping each time you don't cut it is a victory for you okay but don't be too hard on yourself if you faulter just keep trying okay each day you don't is a day you are keeping you safe. i am listening okay i hear your pain keep posting it away

3. denialmark

denialmark New Member

# The name of Urges has made you rather reserved and, at times, secretive about your personal affairs.
    # As a result, people find it difficult to understand you and you suffer through loneliness.
    # You are interested in understanding life along scientific, religious, and philosophical lines.
    # Also, you derive much enjoyment from reading and from being out in nature.
    # At times, you find it easier to express your thoughts in writing, rather than verbally.
    # You are astute regarding the value of money, have good business judgment, and can drive a hard bargain if such is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.