US killed civilians in Libyan operations

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

The US-led military alliance admits that its forces have killed dozens of civilians and wounded several others in the ongoing aerial attacks on key Libyan cities.

NATO said it will investigate reports that up to 40 civilians were killed in a Western bombing strike near the capital, Tripoli, a Press TV correspondent reported.

"I am aware of this news report and this is initial reporting. But NATO took over command of Operation Unified Protector at 06.00 this morning, we're investigating and we will report the details once the investigation is complete," Charles Bouchard, Commander of NATO operations in Libya said.

Moreover, medical sources said at least seven civilians were slain in Wednesday's raid on the village of Zawia el Argobe, 15 km (9 miles) from Brega.

The airstrike also wounded more than 25 civilians and destroyed several nearby homes.

A top Vatican official has said NATO airstrikes on Libya have killed dozens of civilians.

Iovanni Martinelli says there are several witness accounts that least 40 civilians have been killed in Western bomb attack in Tripoli alone.

American military chiefs say Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi's armed forces are not close to breaking point, despite hundreds of airstrikes by NATO forces.

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen has told a US Congressional committee that Gaddafi's forces still have 10 times the firepower of the revolutionaries.

Mullen said bad weather has stopped Western forces from identifying targets over the past few days.

Germany and China have also reacted to NATO's airstrikes on Libya. The foreign ministers of both countries have called for a ceasefire and the start of a diplomatic process to end the crisis in Libya.

On the ground in Libya, revolutionary forces have been fighting Gaddafi troops for control of the oil-rich town of Brega. They earlier lost the eastern port of Ras Lanuf. Further west, regime forces continue to pound Misratah with artillery and tank fire.

However, the noose is tightening around Gaddafi as more officials in his government defect to anti-regime forces.

Former foreign minister Ali Abdessalam Treki has become the latest Libyan public figure to abandon Gaddafi. He was designated to be Libya's next envoy to the United Nations.

On Wednesday, Libyan Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa fled to the UK and is now being questioned by British intelligence officials.

Meanwhile, there are reports that a key figure in Gaddafi's regime, Mohammed Ismail, has been in London in the past few days for talks with British officials.

Ismail is an aide to one of Gaddafi's sons and it seems that the envoy may have wanted to explore a possible exit strategy for the Libyan leader.

The British government has refused to comment.

China, Russia, Arab League and the African union have condemned Western air strikes.

Experts say the main motive behind the Western attack on Libya is the vast oil reserves of the North African country.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/172594.html

2. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

As I said, its always same scenario when it comes to Nato. Same thing will happen as it has happened in Iraq.
    As Stalin said: "When you kill one... It is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."
    In war its all about interest of minority, civilians, well, not saying they don't trying to avoid to kill them but they are also not much upset if they kill a few dozen as they just did.

3. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

Unintended deaths is a reality of any conflict between nations. The important thing is at least an attempt to minimize civilian deaths were made. If another country was bombing us, do you think that country would try as hard as we do to minimize civilian deaths?

4. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Who would ever bombing USA? Nobody. Thats just a pure BS to scare people and all that stuff about weapons of mass distraction. Its just a good excuse.

Do you ever have idea how many civilians USA army have killed in Iraq, and for what?

While bombing my country (Serbia) they were intentional bombing civil objects just to brake down moral of people and force the government to give up defending country, since they couldn't broke down resistance of our army for 78 days, so at the end they signed up the resolution 1244 which ended conflict in the end.

Btw. I have nothing against ppl of USA, I am telling facts, and its not me who pays for the costs of bombing, its you my american friends and you should ask yourself who takes the benefits of all of that at the end.
    Its always involved some kind of interest, in this case oil same as in the Iraq(is it just all about oil I don't know). Jesus Christ why they don't go to sort things out in Somalia or Congo or I don't know where else.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

The majority of wars see more civilian deaths then military deaths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.