US: Will you vote for Donald Trump as President?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by doityourself, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

He seems like a good valued family man, I seen a documentary on him and how he taught his kids to work hard and not to be expected to be handed anything.

Good or bad thoughts on Trump?
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

I think he is a prick.
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't agree with his thoughts on foreign policy. In his interview on Fox a couple of weeks ago, he said that if there's oil anywhere, then we should have interest. If there isn't any oi, then we shouldn't be interested. This sounds like a dangerous perspective to me on when to have military conflict and for what motives.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

He's a birther. He doesn't respect a legal document as proof, while any court would? Seems idiotic.

Not giving his children loads of money doesn't really make a good argument for electing him as a president (not saying it's a bad thing, but that it's not grounds for electing a president.)

What I would like to see is a candidate willing to increase regulation over banking and, in particular, mortgages. The US has been in economic disaster for 3 years because of banks, while Canada, normally dependent on the US, is in a housing boom because of iron-fisted banking regulations.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  5. topsail81

topsail81 Well-Known Member

That's The U.S.A.s policy anyway.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Because Afghanistan and Vietnam are such major producers of oil...
  7. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Depends on who's running against him. I think he's a total clown, but it wouldn't quite be the worst possible scenario.
  8. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have viewed Donald Trump as a money flouting, show off for many years. His appearances on WWE Raw where he rained money down from the ceiling over the arena has solidified my view.
  9. topsail81

Afghanistan would have happened because of the attack on the country. Vietnam was different I will give you that.

I ws being general and I apoligize. Just to state my opinion, there is nothing wrong with protecting our interests world wide.
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

sounds like a bit of a control

the US is gonna go ballistic when the oil runs dry...what the fuck will happen then? lol
  11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

As if the presidents up until now haven't been rich enough fat cats.
  12. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

What really put the nail in the coffin for me to avoid voting for him, are his opinions on what should be done in Iraq... he says we should "seize all the oil" from the country, and reimburse ourselves from the trillion dollars the military complex has spent there. Yes, that's what he said. Seize the oil and leave with the loot, to rebuild half the US....

It's 'no' from me.
  13. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

“People are still under the illusion that they are living in a democracy”

“Prepare, survive, prevail”
    “People better grow up”
    “The game is over”

Good stuff:

Throw off those weaknesses that have dogged our lives for so long and get your mind sorted out.

Your mind is your protection.

Absence of fear in the mind means absence of fear in your life experience.
  14. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Democrats: NO!
    Trump: You are, read my lips, FIRED!
  15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Ah sure why not? would be a laugh!
  16. topsail81

Well, he's been right about the birth certificate. LOL.
  17. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Anybody but Obama.
  18. topsail81

That's how you lose an election.
  19. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Anybody that will revoke the PATRIOT Act.

So nobody.
  20. topsail81

As an American, I have to agree with you. The problem, is that alot of people in The U.S. will go along with anything if you tell them it's about "security".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.