Us

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LetItGo, Aug 29, 2008.

1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

This isnt working.
    You and I
    I know its important to you
    but your obsessed
    You say I matter
    I see no evidence
    An entire day alone
    You might as well be on the moon
    And your 10 metres away
    You say it will change
    but nothing changes
    Im not doing this anymore
    This isnt love
    I will convince her to stay
    Sometimes going backwards is going forwards
    Its up to you
    What do you want?
    Do you want me?
    You let me know
    But before you say a word know this...
    Old habits must die, or we have nothing
    Time marches on and my heart is marching with it
    You let me know

:sad:

2. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Matt - I'm sorry this is still so hard for you. Maybe a clean break will do you the world of good?

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

To where? Im too gutless to go outside my comfort zone.

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

If the relationship is about isolation than it's not much of a relationship. If you guys are in the same house and barely speaking, how is that love? Matt, you need to let her know it's time to truly fix things or you do have to move on. I know you don't like going out of your comfort zone but you can't stay in a loveless relationship. That's more unhealthy than walking away. If you loev her enough to try and work it out, do that, but if it seems fruitless it's time to go your own way.

Sorry Matty.
    Kellz

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can tell you this, comfort zone or not, if it's going down the tube and you are feeling more and more isolated; next thing you know you are so depressed you can't do anything.
    Listen to your inner you Matt and really work out whats going on and where you want to be..dont ignore it like I did.

6. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

We spoke about it last night. Not the best timing because she has the flue atm, but she agreed things have to change. I said "things have to change or im gonna split". I also mentioned something rather telling. I told her I went out more with my mum than i have with her lol...thats the truth. We live 1 1/2 hours from the best city in Australia, its a doddle to get there, and yet weve been there 3 times since ive been here. She is slowly but surely overcoming her social anxiety, her life has done a massive 360 since i came here, gone from extreme isolation and suicidal feelings, to possibly attending the best uni in Australia, working, practicing her singing every day, putting her mother in her place etc, really developing a lot of confidence. She tells me Ive made a big differance, that im her first love, she loves me, wants me to stay etc, and that makes me happy, off course it does, but its like the recent discovery of life has kind of taken her over. I just want us to be the couple we should be and enjoy life together. We agreed to make solid committments to spending time with each other on certain days, I may be going to Uni as well so both of us need to manage our time a lot better long term.

Mum is due to come down on the 15th of Sept for my birthday, she will be staying a week. Really looking forward to seeing her, its gonna be a packed week. Im hoping we will have this situation sorted by then.

7. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Really good of you, you told her whats on your mind and glad she understands and realises it and want to change it, I hope it will be better soon :smile: