USA: Travellers' laptops, etc., may, at will, be detained, held, searched, etc.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hae-Gi, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Let freedom ring.

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

yup, welcome to the new world order, were talking about the same old disorder, where you can have your freedom...sorta...as long as you do...

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

hah yes.

but it'll get better.
    i have hope for 2012 :). Sorry if I say that too much. But I just won't accept that the new world order will succeed.

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Wow. Bye-bye privacy.

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't think this stuff will stand indefinitely. People just won't put up with it. They can scare people senseless with the specter of mushroom clouds for only so long.

And BTW. I always thought Republicans were against this kind of shit. Honestly, I always thought if this kind of big brother horseshit came to America, it would be at the hands of the Democrats. Of course, the Democrats had a hand in it. You don't get this kind of stuff passed without the active participation of both parties.

7. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

the only way they'll get my phone is to pull it out of my cold dead hands,:mad:

8. Robin

Robin Guest

Or you could tease it out of him with plenty of guinness :biggrin:

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

As they say, that can be arranged. That's not the way to fight this kind of thing. You will lose and you will only make it worse on everyone else. If you are forced to turn over your phone or your laptop, there's a right way and a wrong way to fight. You don't have to take this stuff laying down. But physical resistance is foolish and nobody will feel sorry for you. They can force you to do anything they wish as long as they are legally entitled to and you will be made to look like the bad guy if you resist. Don't do it. It just isn't smart.

10. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

haha what a joke. this government is a piece of shit same with all other governments. they say we have freedom but its not even close. anarchy would be a much better place to live in and have privacy:biggrin:

11. Robin

Robin Guest

Anarchy only helps the strong and everyone becomes weak at some point for whatever reasons. It's a cool word though, just not one based on compassion which is a far better state.

12. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

I'm traveling to US this month on a student visa. My laptop is full of pirated software. I don't know what they are scrutinizing or looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.