use your charms to get something for free?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by KittyGirl, Jan 15, 2010.

?

Have you ever gotten any 'special discounts'?

1. huh?!...me? No...

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Yes, all the time!

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. ...You can do that?! @_@

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Okay... although my self esteem has always been very low; being an actress I've learned to put on a show for the person behind a cash box and... well... get things on the house. :smug:

I was wondering how many of you ever use your charms to get things for a 'discount'? If you have-- what did you manage to get? XD
    I am such a horrible person! WAHH!!

...Not trying to brag, of course, but I've managed to get quite a bit by chatting up people... (I'm dangerous, aren't I?!)
    A few things like:
    free meals and drinks
    staff discounts on clothing
    free transit rides
    ...yep. It's not just from guys either-- ladies watch out! :lol!: <anyone know why this emoticon has Goku's hair?>

2. KittyGirl

XD
    Now I feel bad! Seems I'm the only con-artist here! ><
    well, dang!

3. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Haha XD Don't feel too bad, I used to do this too. Unfortunately, not really comfortable doing it now I'm in a relationship, so full price on everything from now on!

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Nope, taking advantage of people is one of the things that doesn't sit well with me.

5. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Altering my personality in order to obtain a handout isn't my style.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I tried and it backfired. I tried showing off my cleavage - I had those puppies pushed up, I had global collison and spillage going let me tell you! - problem was the professor who's class I was trying to add was fucking blind!

7. KittyGirl

lol! XD

I don't see my 'technique' as taking advantage of a person.
    I'm patient and sweet- and it's like a trade. I brighten up their crappy work day a bit, and they toss me a discount out of good will?
    It's not like I'm out there giving people bj's in exchange for a coffee and doughnut. :donut:

And technically- I'm always acting... I'm not ever myself when I step outside of my bedroom.
    ...I think then I'd probably get free crap out of pity for sucking so bad, though...

8. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I don't but one of my daughters does. It amazes me some of the things she gets.

9. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Not all of us have to alter out personality and - to be blunt- some of us need the "handouts".

10. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Never. First, I do not have charm and second I do not want anything from others. Once one guy gave me his walled and said buy what you want. I did not because I thought he may want something back :evil:

11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I do... Puppy eyes do the work. I have charms naturally according to my mother,

12. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Yes, I havce an annoying habit of writing complaint letters and manage to get compensation/free things. Even worse than that, I regularly complain in restaurants to get a discount on the bill.

13. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Nah I'm too ugly to charm anyone...but I can charm someone to shoot me...

14. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I don't have the confidence or self-esteem to do something like that. It'd also weigh heavily on my conscience and I'd feel terribly guilty for the longest time. I mostly buy things online though, so it wouldn't come in handy even if I was capable of something like that.

15. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

I'm a guy and I regularly pull this off. And before anyone judges, as said, some of us NEED the freebies.

16. hurttoomuch

hurttoomuch Member

I used to. In my teens and 20's, My BF worked at a restoration shop for exotic cars. They always sent me to get parts/things fixed. I wasn't conning people, but I tried to dress nice and be fun and funny. I'd often get things at cost or the labor for free. I think it's partly because women were unusual in chrome shops, etc. If someone didn't have the authority and was cheating the business, I didn't accept. I don't like the thought of ripping someone off. But, if it was the owner, and he wasn't asking for "favors," it was cool.
    Hurttoomuch

17. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I feel like I am an ugly guy, or at least that is maybe my selfesteam talking. As a guy, I dont have the looks to get a woman, let a lone to get "freebies" with my looks.

If I had the looks, I would want the comfort of companionship of a woman over anything "free" any day. At this point, I am not holding my breath of ever getting that!

18. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

I do that sometimes; men can be so easy to manipulate :devil:

19. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Only at gay bars.

20. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

I pretended to be a professional modal once for GHD and did a few catwalks, got paid and loads of free GHD hairstraightners which i sold for 100 quid each. only went for a few weeks tho, guess they found out!! haha