Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shauna Lea, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I feel so used and abused. I know I'm worth much more than what I have been given but I don't see it changing. It's impossible to know if people are being honest so why bother trying to give my trust to people? It's just going to get broken and I'm going to be kicked back into my dark corner...each time my stay is longer and longer! I'm so tired of this fight, it's never ending for me. In my genes, in my past and in my future - depression!
  2. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Please don't assume you are pre-disposed to depression.
    Why do you feel so used and abused... would this be somewhere you can feel free to disclose your thoughts and feelings or maybe you would consider talking therapy...?

It's hard to trust isn't it!... trust is not handed on a plate.. takes time and much work, built up through honesty, not assumed or expected. Please don't be too hard on yourself. Often trust needs to be earned, it's not easy to trust when we have been broken by others before.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008
  3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I have tried everything. Psychologists, social workers, numerous medications, online support forums, talking to friends and family, new hobbies, making appropriate changes in my life and I'm still haunted by my past and terrified of the future. I don't see what is left!
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

What is left is the beauty that lies hidden deep within yourself Shauna. It is in your music. It is in your soul. You have a gift that can touch others. I know you have tried so many things. there are times when things seemed to go better for awhile. This shows that they can again. Don't give up hun. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.