useless, isolated and in pain

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bipolarkitty, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

I know it's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'm in trouble.

I'm feeling so sad and isolated. I feel so alone. I have no purpose in life. I don't contribute to society. All I do is drain resources. I haven't had a job since March 2000 and since then I barely even leave my home. The only places I go anymore are the grocery store and my therapy appointments, and if I could stop going to the grocery store, I would.

I have 1 friend. Literally. Just one. And I've never even actually met her in real life. I only have contact with 5 people - my husband, my therapist, my brother, my mother in law, and my brother in law. And I can only talk to my brother on the phone since we live in different states. My parents are both dead.

I feel so useless. Directionless. I'm trapped inside the walls of my home and I have nothing to do other than clean it.

This pain has just started tonight, but it's very strong. It hurts to feel useless and alone and isolated and worthless. :( I don't know what to do. And I can't even call my therapist because she's on vacation until the 19th.

Can someone help me? Maybe help me to see something worthwhile in my life?
  2. planechaser

planechaser Well-Known Member

Have you been talking with your husband about how you feel? Life does do a good job on bringing people down. And its hard, I understand. Do you like going for walks, reading books, playing music? What are you good at?

Ive been down a lot lately too, but i try thinking of times that brought me joy. Usually makes me smile or even laugh. Try thinking of the good times again. Looking at old photographs..anything that will help for the time being
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've been home a lot more since my knee got a lot worse a year ago. I can't work anymore and there are a lot of things I can't do anymore. I've focused on a few crafts that don't take up much room and don't require moving around and that has helped to a point. Joining this forum has helped more and I'm grateful for that.

Knee pain makes my depression a whole lot worse and some days I can't bring myself to do anything and I feel like a lump on a log. I have a step daughter who is 20 and it's nice to have her here. She's willing to learn from what I have to say and that helps me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.