useless post

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by dreaminghome, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

I feel such an idiot, and such a failure. My birthday is coming. I was meant to be something more than this, a stupid secretary, the office slave, and that's all I am. I have done nothing good all my life. I'm an idiot.
    My ex, I thought I was over him but somehow he keeps on reappearing year after year. I love that he's seen my job title in my email signature so now he knows for sure even if he doesn't have contact with me that I'm just a stupid failure. I know I cannot stop time. But I don't want to live my birthday. I need to not live that day, to skip just one. I need to find a solution.
    What a useless thread I've opened, I'm so proud of myself, such an idiot I am.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i see someone who is independent and wants more - nothing wrong with that

if you don't want to be a secretary, what do you want to be?

and for the record the place i work in would fall apart if it wasn't for Liz - and if i said she was "just" a secretary, she would kick my ass - and rightly so
  3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

This is not a useless thread.

You are having a hard time. We are often running into these types of roadblocks. If your ex is having a field day with you siggy, I give you permission to kick him in the shins. *smirk* A secretary is an honorable profession.
  4. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

most definitely
  5. dreaminghome

or maybe it's just another name for office slave, that cannot say no to anything or anyone
  6. lightbeam

you can say no....
  7. dreaminghome

oh yes, to who exactly? when everyone is your boss you cannot say no to anybody. Or you can just walk away and find another place. I've been looking for 3 years now. In 3 years just 1 interview and they didn't call back.
  8. lightbeam

*sigh* I understand.

I hate it when everyone is your boss. It makes you feel ever so tiny. I'm sorry.
  9. Spirit Wing

Spirit Wing Active Member

i was a secretary once... even when i wasn't, i rarely said 'no' to any request/order...

you simply say 'and when would you like that done? before or after your boss' request?' *s******* caused much fun and made my days a little easier...

i've skipped birthdays often. it can be done! and if you believe that, you'll believe i'm celebrating my sweet sixteen this year :p

and are you truly an idiot (in recent historical classification that would mean to have a mental age under 3 or IQ below 30 - lately this term has been de-scientificized << yeah i make words up as i go along cos i can) or just feeling a little dumb atm? you should check out your biorythmns to make sure - because even every boss you have, has similar days...

i do not see this as a useless thread - i think it has started us all thinking about "what next?" well, it has for me. so kudos to your un-idiotlike action!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.