useless

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by *sparkle*, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

just feeling pretty useless at the moment. failing to understand the narrow mindedness of people in general (just to clarify - not here in particular). just not worth the time or trouble. i rely on people to life me up. i rarely post on the forums because i am just too private a person and terribly shy. i suppose all im asking for here is some validation that there is some point to me as a person? there must be some reason im alive and kicking? surely??? :dry:

2. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

being shy is a good property.offcourse there is a point of you being here among us, you just cant see it at this stage.its part of our ilness, we tend to remember the bad and negative things only about ourself.its plain evil, lets call it the devil.once feeling a bit better you will ask yourself 'how could i ever have doubt that i need to be here'
    no healthy happy person would ask himself this very same question, as there would not be any need for him to do it, hence called happyness.hang in there !

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

The point to you as a person is what you make it... To me and many others, though it may not seem that way, you're a great person and are a brilliant friend...

Some folks may define themselves by what their hobbies are, some by their achievements, some by their talents, some by how others see them, or how they see themselves. Some may combine all of those, I'm not sure what you do.

What I do know though, is that you rock my socks in your own individual special way, and I'm glad to have you as a friend. Hopefully this depression'll pass sooner rather than later, and you can see how great you really are for yourself.

:hug:

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Hun, you are worth validating, because you are a great person! Being shy is a helpful trait in a person. It allows you to observe people, and makes for being worthwhile and thoughtful.

5. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Awww hell. Come on. Chin up.

<<hugs>>

I do not feel ok, which makes it extremely difficult, for me to tell you all the good things i know about you, or feel about you, or things i've heard others say about you (all positive by the way). i am so sorry. you ask something so simple, yet i'm too messed up to give you the response you deserve.

I just want you to know there are many reasons why you are not useless and many things about you that make you an awesome and worthwhile human being. I think this site, and the ppl who come to this site, are fortunate to have you here. i think you deserve a big group hug, and a thank you from everyone. So, I thank you and <<HUG>>. Your sensitivity and kindness afford the site important and much needed balance. ...and yeah, i understand we all have our downer days. it's ok though. <<HUG>>

I am really concerned about your name...seems to me over time, if you keep staring at it, it's going to not be so good for you...don't need you internalizing that and feeling that way. I know you have been feeling like that but if you keep staring at it, how will you ever disengage from it and allow yourself to get back to feeling useful and hope-filled?

You don't need to be around anyone who tells you or leads you to believe that you are useless. Ignore them and don't take any of it to heart or to head. They are not worth your energy nor a moment of your time. Just cling to those who appreciate and care about you. The others can rot. sorry, i told you i am not okay. ergh.

Anyway, keep kicking, stay alive, be gentle on you. Cut yourslef a bit of slack. You are a kindhearted human being and we simply don't enough of those around.

<<HUGS>>

6. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Ellie, you are far from useless! You are a great friend who is always willing to help others.
    This world would be a much worse place if you weren't alive & kicking!!

:love: :hug:

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

:hug: as always I'm available for coffee and gossiping any time you're in town, luv ya muchly :wub:

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

thank you to people who replied here :shy: i feel a little guilty for being demanding of attention now! but thank you :hug:

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

You haven't demanded anything, sweetie. You were low, and we want you to know you are important to us.

10. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I know what you mean by it being hard to post as I too am private and have trouble reaching out till it is late in the game. I am glad you did reach out to us cause we all love you here that is for sure. You are far from useless and wish you would go back to sparkle as that sure seemed to fit you and you would not be looking at the negative reinforcement every time you log on of your present username.

You do so much for so many that you are far from useless Ellie, I hope you feel better soon and you can see all the good that you do and all the love you spread...useless? Far from it!

Hugs and love Bambi

11. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

:hug: you deserve the attention. you are Awesomeful

12. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

you give so many others kind words, attention, support, advice etc when they are not feeling to good themselves, it is only fair, that it is returned to you :hug: , hope ur feelings pass soon :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.