Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by laylou, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laylou

laylou Active Member

I had my hopes up, i wanted to foster a cat and her kittens
    Until they are old enough to be adopted but my husband
    Said no.
    I just want to feel useful, I know I could have done it but
    I guess he thinks I couldn't.
    God life sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, laylou. That's too bad. I can tell you're disappointed. Maybe he's not worried that you can't do it, but more that you might be sad when it was time to give them away.

There are sometimes volunteer positions with local Humane Societies or Animal Protection Services where you go to their location to help out a few hours a week or month.

If it's just to feel useful, not necessarily with animals, have you looked up other volunteering positions in your area? What are you interested in? If you give us a list of interests, maybe I can put on my thinking cap for related things you might find interesting.

Hope you'll post again. I hope you don't get too down on life over this one issue. Just wanting to be useful makes you a good person and useful in your own right. :hug:
  3. laylou

laylou Active Member

i'm struggling big time.
    I left my child care position last year while in
    hospital for the third time and I really miss
    The kids and staff. My next love is animals
    alot of shelters won't take people with out some
    experience and I suffer anxiety as well which makes
    it difficult. I have 3 dogs, a cat and a lizard but would have loved to help an animal in need.
    Feeling isolated, alone, misinderstood and sad.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Big hugs. I'm sorry you're struggling right now.

I would love to have room for 3 dogs, a cat, and a lizard! :laugh:

Some animal agencies need dog walkers...You've got three dogs, so I would guess you've got lots of experience in dog walking. Maybe that's something to look into. Perhaps you could contact agencies just to see what sorts of volunteers they need and what experience they like people to have. Who knows, they might even have a mail campaign going and need people to stuff envelopes from home.

In the meantime, how are you filling your days? Do you read, watch TV, visit with friends, work on a hobby?
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi laylou - I can understand your wanting to foster a cat + kittens - I would love to do the same. But I know what hubby would say before I ask, and so I don't bother even asking...... So, hun, you're not alone.

I've found this last 3 weeks of writing on SF to have really helped me in my thinking about life, (and what I consider I've made of it)..... I am sorry that you get spells of anxiety and hope and pray that they will dissipate as insight comes. I think my main aim of being here is to give people hope about insight. I know when I was suicidal, there was stuff about my perceptions that needed a little tweak, I just didn't know how to go about doing that. A site such as this back then would have been very useful :)
  6. laylou

laylou Active Member

I'll see what I can do. Thank you.
    At the moment I just drop the kids off,
    shop when necessary, walk the dogs and
    sleep alot.
    my husband is getting really sick of me
    Sleeping and not doing enough housework
    but I just can't at the moment. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.