Ideas & Opinions Username...why does it mean a lot to me, and how does it mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
Just wondering about it...@the admin who changed my name, aka Walker or monkey makes me think about it over and over.*shhOh I'm sorry I've been talking about usernames so much...*blue
(So I was Melancholy Raven )
I can say I really love my former name because it included myself and many things I love. But a change should be taken from time to time, right? It always takes me a lot of time coming up with a user name, if I have the promession to change it, I would change it very often, depends on my mood. That happened on many social media but now I seldom use them. I think "Melancholy Raven" perfectly described who am I. btw I never wanted to change my username on SF somehow. I don't know why but it really means a lot to me. After my name changed, when I am not happy, I'm considering asking an admin to change my name simply as "Raven". Matt don't get annoyed about it please..."Happiness Raven" is such an awesome name and I love it especially if I'm happy like today's afternoon!!!(but I don't think I'll be happy all the time...sigh...I think I can't change my username back, so maybe I would use my English first name just as many of you do*bleh)
Haha I'm so silly, worried about usernames a lot. *laugh at myself

Well so how does an username mean to you? Is that means a lot, or just... I'm really curious about it.:)

Cagla

romantic bastard
Just wondering about it...@the admin who changed my name, aka Walker or monkey makes me think about it over and over.*shhOh I'm sorry I've been talking about usernames so much...*blue
(So I was Melancholy Raven )
I can say I really love my former name because it included myself and many things I love. But a change should be taken from time to time, right? It always takes me a lot of time coming up with a user name, if I have the promession to change it, I would change it very often, depends on my mood. That happened on many social media but now I seldom use them. I think "Melancholy Raven" perfectly described who am I. btw I never wanted to change my username on SF somehow. I don't know why but it really means a lot to me. After my name changed, when I am not happy, I'm considering asking an admin to change my name simply as "Raven". Matt don't get annoyed about it please..."Happiness Raven" is such an awesome name and I love it especially if I'm happy like today's afternoon!!!(but I don't think I'll be happy all the time...sigh...I think I can't change my username back, so maybe I would use my English first name just as many of you do*bleh)
Haha I'm so silly, worried about usernames a lot. *laugh at myself

Well so how does an username mean to you? Is that means a lot, or just... I'm really curious about it.:)
It's just a representation but still it can't be all your identity has. It has more than a name you know. So even if it's happy raven or sad raven or crazy raven it doesn't mean anything actually. Since you can always create new ravens in your life. And you don't have to be a certain kind of raven. That's why my name is my name. It's not good or bad. Just is. Well my title is how I feel about myself and that can't be changed. I know that's hypocrisy .. sorry :( but I mean you can be both happy and melancholic at the same time. If you mean more of a peacefulness by happiness, then you can be melancholic and happy. Like an animation of hayao miyazaki. It is both happy and sad. And it's life too. Our mistake is when we think one can be happy all the time or sad. But it's just not reasonable.
To sum up I can say it doesn't matter . You can be whatever it is, and if you're not comfortable with it, you can make it changed too.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I understand, I also feel a connection to my username and my name in general. I need to identify to it somehow. But it doesn’t represent everything about a person, of course not. Although my username is a person from a book and we have a lot in common. ^^

You are Raven to me, and it’s nice to put a beautiful word representing an emotion in front of your name, but everyone knows it doesn’t mean you are always feeling that way, sweetie. You can’t have only one emotion in life anyway. :D

Raven

SF Supporter
My user name changed a few times since I got here and ultimately is from The Walking Dead. Zombies and being undead are kind of fitting you know?
I'm really surprised to know that...:)

but I mean you can be both happy and melancholic at the same time. If you mean more of a peacefulness by happiness, then you can be melancholic and happy. Like an animation of hayao miyazaki. It is both happy and sad. And it's life too.
That's so true, Cagla!!! Thank you so much...:)I think that's me, can feel both melancholic and happy, even at the same time. Also that's like a struggle inside - when feeling very down, well I think in some ways I'm always a pessimist, but I don't want to be pessimistic so I hold on my dreams, and persuade myself to live, and that's much more optimistic I think. Two words with opposite meanings, sometimes describe a lot.
I understand, I also feel a connection to my username and my name in general. I need to identify to it somehow.
*shakeThat's why I always include "Raven" in my usernames. All kinds of "Raven"s...*hysterical
You are Raven to me, and it’s nice to put a beautiful word representing an emotion in front of your name, but everyone knows it doesn’t mean you are always feeling that way, sweetie. You can’t have only one emotion in life anyway.:D
Thank you Auri. I think about it and I think melancholy plays a more important role in my emotions, and that makes who I am, or sometimes I feel really happy so it sounds like a "progress" I've made. So I felt satisfied with that name all the time. I'm so happy to know that many of you won't...well I don't know...words fail me...Anyway I can't stop thinking about changing my name simply into Raven so I won't feel "weird" if I'm happy or sad. But many thing will lose...
Anyway that's me, a bad decision maker, have an extremely gift for overthinking, and...*bleh

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thank you Auri. I think about it and I think melancholy plays a more important role in my emotions, and that makes who I am, or sometimes I feel really happy so it sounds like a "progress" I've made. So I felt satisfied with that name all the time. I'm so happy to know that many of you won't...well I don't know...words fail me...Anyway I can't stop thinking about changing my name simply into Raven so I won't feel "weird" if I'm happy or sad. But many thing will lose...
Anyway that's me, a bad decision maker, have an extremely gift for overthinking, and...*bleh
If you want your old username back, you can still do that, you know. In any case, it doesn't change the wonderful person we love so much. *hug

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
It's cool that you all have connections to your usernames. Mine is just the title of a song I was working on writing that I scrapped ages ago. So there's no real connection to mine. I'd have it changed but it's probably easier to keep it as is, this is what people here know me as. I don't even change my avatar very often either.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
My user name changed a few times since I got here and ultimately is from The Walking Dead. Zombies and being undead are kind of fitting you know?
That's pretty cool. I haven't watched the walking dead in a while, the most recent season I watched was season 4 I think. Have they since introduced Hoppers, Skippers and Jumpers to go along with the walkers? *hysterical

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It's cool that you all have connections to your usernames. Mine is just the title of a song I was working on writing that I scrapped ages ago. So there's no real connection to mine. I'd have it changed but it's probably easier to keep it as is, this is what people here know me as. I don't even change my avatar very often either.
That's a connection to you, it's a song you started :)

Raven

SF Supporter
sigh...many of you love my new name exceptmyself at sometimes.
believe it or not. when I woke up at 4am, I thought today is a great day, I love my new name! After two hours, I seriously wanted to changed it into my English first name (Raven). Oh dear I'm crazy!!! Just now I saw them said my name is nice, I began to worry.*facepalm*facepalm*facepalm

(Just some complaint about myself)

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
LostGirl22 describes me perfectly. I wanted to be a lost boy, a free fun and just happy child who doesnt have to worry so much. But then again Im over 13 and a girl hahaha also I feel often more often than not. I like it. I identify with it and feel ultimately safe with it. It's a shield and it gives me hope. That one day I'll be as brave as the lost boys and fight my pirates and eventually find my home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00