Using levity to survive...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shockedcanadian, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am in a bad place in my life. Most of the suffering has been caused by others, but I digress. Like most of us, I am considering suicide as a solution, and like most of us, I do want to live. It is becoming less likely that I will be able to survive, but the best coping mechanism I have used is laughter. I try to laugh in public, in the face of others, when deep down I know what my intentions are. It is a depressing way to live, but it is a better alternative than if I acted out my emotions.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, shocked. I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. What things make you want to live? Do you have things you'd like to do, see, accomplish - and what are those things?

I think humor and laughter, if they are genuine, are great helps when we are depressed. But if we are putting on a mask to hide how sad and down we feel, it doesn't help to pretend that we're happy-go-lucky and laughing at life.

Just wondering if you are seeking any therapy? Having a therapist provides us with someone who really listens and who can offer some direction on how to move on once we've expressed our real feelings about things. Just talking to someone on a regular basis is a good release.

Suicide is permanent. There are many other ways to get through our times that I hope you will try, instead. Perhaps you could tell us more about why you feel suicidal? Are there other feelings/memories that overwhelm you? You can share here, PM me if you want...or keep holding it in, but that's so hard to do. Talking really might help...hmmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.