Utterly heartbroken

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GirlInNeed, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GirlInNeed

GirlInNeed New Member

Can't handle this empty achey feeling I have for a man who says he loves me more than anything and now 2 weeks later says he doesn't want us anymore. I need to be strong and not give this man the satisfaction of my blood but I feel so devastated

2. GreySilence

GreySilence Well-Known Member

It's tough to figure out who to trust and who not to, but as a general rule, actions mean much more than words. Someone can say all these nice things, but if they don't actually do anything for you that shows that they care about you, then you shouldn't trust them if they tell you that they love you.

Could you give us more information on your situation? such as your history with this man, and more detail on how you feel about him now.

Yes, try your best to stay strong, and try to calm down if you start thinking about doing something dangerous. You can get through this, and you can always find love in the future as long as you don't give up.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Have to agree with the above post- it is actions and not words that matter the most in earning trust. When it comes to relationships I would also add it is time and not temperature that counts the most. Intense passion means nothing if it is not shown to pass the test of time , and in that test it means months and years not weeks and days , and bad times as well as good times. It is easy to "love" when everything is going great and there are no problems and no stress- in fact it is hard NOT to feel like that is love because everything feels nice and all is going well and you could substitute any of thousands of people in that situation and it would seem great. The people that are there when it is not going great, that stay when all else have moved on because the water is rough , those are the only ones that really matter and is how you can know there is love. I do not know how long this relationship has endured prior to you having to travel but it sounds like it is the first real test and if that is the answer them it is good that you have not invested more time and energy into it and better to know sooner rather than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.