Vaccine

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
So frustrated with this. Does anyone else feel this way. The damn stuff just is not available. I contacted my doctor. The system he works in has not announced any plans to vaccinate patients. And latest new is that Trumps 'stockpile' is absolutely non-existant. There is no more to send out. How can such an important thing be so bungled? Too many moronic leaders!

The bottle neck seems to not be the supply of the vaccine. I actually talked to my doctor about this, and he said the issue (at least in my state) is primarily about staffing. Normally, there would be plenty of nurses to provide vaccinations, but they're all flat-out treating Covid cases. There are also problems with clinics restricting the number of patients that they see also because of Covid.

I wonder if they could just train some new people to do vaccinations, and maybe have drive-through vaccination like they have with testing.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
In my state we are bottlenecked for sure by registrations we do have more vaccines available than what is being done already however the governor is blaming supply as an issue why more is not being done. My workgroup is in the 1a tier system (LTC sector) and we still are waiting for our assigned Walgreens to give us a date. Jeez this is going soooooooo slow

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
The governor in my state is blaming supply, which is poppycock when we haven't even used the first round of vaccine sent to us. No one seems to know how to get the shots out to people. My doctor has no idea what is going on. Neither does Walgreens, although they, at least, say they will get in touch. I know vaccinating 300 million people is a huge project, but so far they are totally blowing it. And then I am told that even once vaccinated we have to stay away from people!

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Agreed. It's a huge headache this is what is annoying:

We have over one million doses and only less than half million doses were administered to this date. Grrr Screenshot_20210116-125138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Vanquished

I told my cardiologist just last week that I have no intention of getting the vaccine until it’s all running smoothly. I told her just the idea of dealing with all the insanity right now is too stressful for me. I don’t think she was thrilled with that idea, but she couldn’t argue it, either.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I will keep trying, but the insanity out there is stressful. And I sure don't want to sit for hours in my car, waiting for my turn, and hoping they haven't run out.

Vanquished

I feel ya. I’m not saying I’ll never get it. I’m just saying I need to trust the situation more than I currently do (or don’t) before I’m willing to consider it. I have to feel comfortable knowing the 2nd dose will be there when it’s due. That does not exist atm.

My group hasn’t been called yet (high risk due to severe heart disease), so I have to wait right now anyway. But I’m not far away

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
The UK are making people wait 12 weeks rather than the official 3 week recommendation. I guess it's a way of boosting their figures for the vaccination rate.
I'm thankful that I've at least had my first though.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
The UK are making people wait 12 weeks rather than the official 3 week recommendation. I guess it's a way of boosting their figures for the vaccination rate.
I'm thankful that I've at least had my first though.
I think the recommendation is between 4 and 12 weeks. Better to get a LOT of people through the 1st one than double everyone and leave others with nothing, right? Additionally, if you've already had covid then you most likely only need 1 dose and not everyone knows they've had it so shooting through all those 1st people is covering a lot of folks.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I think the recommendation is between 4 and 12 weeks
That's right for the Astra Zenica vaccine but Pfizer and WHO are still recommending 3 weeks for the Pfizer vaccine - the British Medical Association say it should be 6 weeks at the most.

I do think it was better to get that first dose out there as quickly as possible but I think it would be best to get the extremely vulnerable their second jab in three weeks, even if that means slowing things down a little for the less vulnerable. Leaving it longer is probably a risk worth taking for us less vulnerable but possibly too much of a risk for others. I'm very thankful I've had my first dose but in truth I'd rather have waited a bit longer and given that one to my mum.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00