Valium 10mg makes me feel relaxed and less angry

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by sosotired, Oct 13, 2007.

1. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

I've just started taking them again, one 10mg tab a day, do you think this is dangerous? I mean I buy my pills from online pharmacys and its pretty pricey to get legit vals.

It just makes me feel calm and less irratable if you know what I mean. I rarely go out of the house but I think they could help if I started going out again.

Just to let you know its extremly difficult to get benzo's prescribed in the UK because it can be addictive.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

The problem is not only that it's addictive but also that it loses it's effect the longer you keep using it. Maybe you could go to your gp and ask for buspirone... it's non-addictive so can be used for a longer period of time, though you can't use it prn as you can diazepam... you have to keep using it to get an effect.
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I don't think 10mg is really all that much (though I could be wrong)...but if you're buying them w/out a scrip you could get into trouble, at least in the USA. Also, just be careful about the "synergy" that's supposed to happen w/drugs like valium and alcohol. I'm under the impression that that could be a very real problem.
  4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Valiums are nothing really, especially the generic. There's alot stronger medicine out there.

Yes they could, & I know what you mean. Stick to small doses though.
    If you get too used to them you can always stop for a while. I've had my doc tell me you can go on & off of benzos for years if need be.