1. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I already have been a vegetarien for 8 years and I thought about it a long time and decided to be a vegan now :eek:hmy: Anyway if I will find some vitamin B12 pills, but dont think that will be a problem. My parents arent to happy with it, but I see it as something positive. I just care a lot about animals, its all to cruel and to much violence and its actually healthier if you do it right. So going to read some books about it, maybe even see a dietist. So no more eggs, milk, cheese, honey, leather, wool, silk, candy (gelatin) etc for me :eek:hmy: Wish me luck :tongue:
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: I couldn't go without all that >.<

Good luck hun :tongue: (btw i hate not being able to use what i usually call ya lol)
  3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I guess the other big thing for woman is iron. I dont know if you struggle to get enough iron already...theres quite a bit in green vegetables I guess, and most of the time if you go vegan, the main things your cutting out are milk, eggs and cheese...which i dont think have much iron.

Id consider going vegan as well to be honest...but id really really struggle.

I would recommend seeing a dietist....and they can map out a proper diet for you.

Mmm there goes my $700 leather jacket lol.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And dont forget to take a calcium supplement. No cheese, milk or cream = no calcium.
  5. zebedee

zebedee Member

I'd love to go vegan but I'd need to find some alternative to my voracious appetite for kefir (fermented milk yay!).

Good going tho but make sure you get calcium supplements and check out one of the hemp oil supplements for all your omega 3,6 needs
  6. Vitreledonellidae

lol, i'm going to live on pills
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Not good :whip:
  8. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

THere is also calcium in some of the dark green veggies: Kale and the like.
  9. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

My sister's vegan, so if you has any questions...oo plus she left her chart behind which tells you where to get all your protein, fats, vits etc etc...Could let you know. She only takes a couple of supplements, you can get most of it from veg, lentils, pulses etc...:smile:
  10. Vitreledonellidae

Oh that would be great, would really appreciate that :smile:
  11. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ah the mighty LENTIL hope you like em hun cos you gonna need to be eating a lot of em.:biggrin:
  12. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:yes: heh
  13. Vitreledonellidae

Lol :laugh: I dont mind them at all, yay for me
  14. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Will pm , 'tis long :wink:
  15. Vitreledonellidae

:worthy: misses snail :tongue:
  16. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

nutrional yeast is yummy... mix in with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar for salad dressing or dip - for dip use more yeast to make it more thick, or sprinkle it on popcorn, many uses...and its gots lots o' vitamins too
  17. Some brands of orange juice have added calcium, which can contain more calcium than milk.
  18. Vitreledonellidae

thanks guys :smile:
  19. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

so how's it going Julie? :smile:

gosh I really admire you for doing this. I could never do that!
  20. Syd

Syd Guest

I'm a brand-new Vegan. I've managed 1 day of this lifestyle so far, lol.

Here's an article that outlines some vegan foods containing Protein, Calcium, Vitamin B-12, Iron, Zinc.

More comprehensive guide here.