Verbal Abuse?

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by iwadrama, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwadrama

iwadrama Active Member

So I recently started seeing this guy. I think he is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me but my friends think he's not. They say they notice him yelling at me and putting me down in any way he can and that he says I'm useless but I don't notice these kinds of things. They want me to break if off with him but I care for him and don't understand how he's putting me down.

Is there anyway I'm blocking it out and if so what should I do? Are my friends wrong? I'm just so confused..

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think that if someone is putting you down, and he can discuss it with you, then that is different from someone who has to remain out of touch with what they are doing...it is NOT healthy to be in a relationship where there is abuse...J

3. iwadrama

iwadrama Active Member

I don't even see it happening. I'm not really sure what to think about it. I might just drown it out and ignore it; I'm not really sure. All I know is that my friends say he's verbally abusing my but I don't see it.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Sometimes when we really like someone, we kind of ignore little things the person says or does that really bug us (except that deep down we know we aren't happy about them).

Perhaps you could think over the things he says to you and the way he says them (angry, snarky, sarcastic, nasty) for a while, and ask yourself if you would like to see a friend treated like that. If it's not the way you'd like a friend to be treated, it might be time to look at other guys. Even if he has other good qualities, they will probably never really make up for a moment of pain if he's also abusive towards you.

Frankly, I'd run in the other direction if someone were being abusive.

Please be careful with your feelings and your overall well-being.

:hug:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps talk to him about this. Although your friends may have your interest at heart, it's always best to go your way. Also if your not even sure yourself about him being abusive then there's always a chance that he's not actually being abusive but simply your friends have put it in your mind and now it seems like he kinda is.
    An open mind is best.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Iwadrama..Im just wondering did you break up with him? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.