Very anxious.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ellie Grey, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

Last hour had a massive trigger, the thing itself was relatively small, however it has gotten me worked up.
    I feel awful, decided to turn all the lights off, sit in the dark and rest my head, try and calm down, it's not really helped.
    Tomorrow I'll spend the entire day alone in the house, in a way that is a good thing, but also bad.

On Monday I have to go out and... I can't stomach it.
    My stomach is in knots, depression and anxiety has hit, I can't bear being near anyone, I don't wish to be seen by anyone.

I have no idea what to do.
    I just wish I were dead.
  2. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Hey. I'm sorry about how you're feeling. I don't know what helps you deal with things, but I've kinda been in your place before and been bothered by something and done the exact same thing you're doing. Sometimes it doesn't help to sit alone because you're stuck with the thought of what triggered your distress and you keep thinking about it over and over again. But I can also understand how you may not want to be around anyone.

What I've found helps me is doing something that forces your mind to think about something else. For example playing a hard puzzle game or something similar. Sometimes it also helps talking to a close friend about the issue just so you can get things of your chest. If you need someone to talk to I wouldn't mind listening.

I hope you find something that helps you and that you feel better. :hug:
  3. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

Why don't you wish to be seen by anyone?
    Staying at home alone is really bad long term, isn't there someone to keeo you company and make you feel good?
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I too am sorry you have been triggered. And I know all too well what it is like, for me, to get triggered and then stay at home. I do like Twinkle's suggestion of distraction. Because I tend to perseverate when I am triggered. Because my trigger usually brings on self blame to say the least. So I end up alone with my mind on a constant self loathing loop. If it would help to talk about what happened, please feel free to do that. I know that I care. And I am not the only one :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.