1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very bad day

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by pushing1through, Oct 17, 2018.

1. pushing1through

pushing1through Well-Known Member

I’m having a very bad day. Nothing bad has happened but mentally and physically it sucks. I have this nasty feeling at the pit of my stomach and I kinda feel like puking. My head hurts and I’m dizzy. Could this be from my medication (cymbalta) that I’ve been taking for 1 month and a half now. Or is this seriously how stressed I am. I don’t want to do anything today but cry, even though I have work in a few hours and need to study for a few tests. I hate life. Nothing is fun. Nothing is good. I have no energy for anything. I typically workout in the mornings but today my stomach felt so gross and I was so sad and unmotivated I couldn’t convince myself to get out of bed. I want my depression to stop. How are people happy?

2. pushing1through

I’ve been trying to look at the positive things in my life and think about the good that is going to come in the future. But rn I’m suffering. I’m trying to lose weight but I’m starving or feel sick. My body is exhausted. My mind is tired. I hate school. I’m too poor to get away and take a vacation. I’m seeing a therapist for the first time tomorrow but damn I just don’t see that helping. Or at least helping right away.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there @pushing1through I am sorry you are going through this, it must be really disheartening,

You say it feels like ''a pit in your stomach'' does it feel like butterflies, could it be anxiety related? I think its a high possibility

Your body is telling you its exhausted so maybe stop exercising for a few days to recuperate from how you are feeling today.

I'm sorry you are going through this, keep talking to us. When is your next appointment with your doctor that prescribed the Cymbalta?

4. pushing1through

Not quit like butterflies. I’m not really sure how to explain it. My stomach feels heavy and I feel nauseous, but not like a sick naseous. I’m taking the day off from excercise go and I’m currently trying to relax before I go into work, but it’s hard when all I can think about is how unhappy I am.

My next appointment with my doctor is November 6. So it’s not that much longer that I have to stick with the medicine.

5. Petal

Hi again, I hope your physical symptoms ease off soon. The Cymbalta could be playing a role or maybe not, best of luck at your appointment, make a list of all the things you want to bring up at the appointment, that should help you :)

November 6 is not that far away, you can ride these thoughts out and we're here to support you through all of this.

pushing1through likes this.
  6. Were all together

Were all together Well-Known Member

You've been on it a month and a half. It should be in your system by now. Depends on how much you're on too. You may be overly stressed. But, I would let your doctor know now.

Petal and pushing1through like this.
  7. pushing1through

Thank you petal❤️

Petal likes this.
  8. pushing1through

I wish I knew how to relieve my stress because it’s controlling me

9. Were all together

Were all together Well-Known Member

Try keeping your mind busy. Take up a hobby, do a crossword puzzle, put a puzzle together, try listening to soft music. There are many ways.

10. Petal

Stress and mainly anxiety controls me so I totally understand, the constant worrying, constant ''what if's', constantly building myself up preparing for the worst, its never ending, i get you and i'm sorry you are going through all of this. Life can be cruel and its certainly not fair. *hugs*

Here's a little suggestion, look up planet Earth on google and see it in the universe, its a little dot, are you afraid of a dot? That thought helps me, hopefully it can help you too.

I have another suggestion too, there's a book called ''Feel the fear and do it anyway'' and its written by a doctor. AMAZING book, it helps me tons.

11. BraveFace

BraveFace Well-Known Member

Someone once told me about about a self-care package... I followed it and it worked.

It's a sensory self-soothing kit, based on whatever can calm you down at stressful times - smell, touch, sounds etc

I can PM you link if you like? It helped me a lot

12. pushing1through

I’ll look and see if I can find the book. Ill give anything that could possibly help a shot. Couldn’t make anything worse.

13. pushing1through

Yes please!

14. BraveFace

BraveFace Well-Known Member

Just sent you the link :)

15. pushing1through

Thank you so much❤️❤️

BraveFace likes this.
  16. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

I got to this thread pretty late but I hope you're feeling a little better by now. Keep your head up.

17. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

18. pushing1through

19. Walker

I'm sure glad that it did. You deserve a smile today. :)