Very bad drug

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by BipolarOne, May 30, 2014.

1. BipolarOne

BipolarOne Active Member

My doctor put me on Latuda. As I increased the dosage, I developed crippling anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and ended up in the hospital. Drug companies push these medications, load on the advertising, and doctors prescribe away. I am so angry that I have had to go through hell and back because of this medication. To make things worse, the hospital I was in was the worst excuse for a mental health facility I have ever experienced. They were so cruel, and of no help whatsoever. Latuda should be taken off the market! And the hospital I was in should be thoroughly inspected by the accreditation board.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you have had a bas experience with that drug, While I have never taken that one I have found medications very helpful and know people on that same drug that swear it is what has saved their life.You always have to use care in any medication and the suicidal tendencies are possible in younger (under 25 is really the only documented issue by any health research place I am familiar with such as NIH or NHS - I really would not believe the drug companies themselves to self report) need to be aware of the remote possibility. I am genuinely sorry for your bad experience but it cannot be used to measure what other people may experience in any way.

Everybody has different experiences on medication - if you go off a single persons experience then penicillin and amoxicillin are the the worst drugs in the world since my son is allergic and was in the hospital and deathly ill after taking that for an ear infection, aspirin causes ulcers and and cause a syndrome in children that have the flu that leads to permanent brain damage or death , and virtually every herbal remedy ever discussed has effects from severe reactions due to allergies to overdosing based on poorly prepared mixtures.

I am not a supporter of Latuda in any way- but I do know people that are so I am sorry to respond to your post in a way that seems critical - it is helpful for others to know the experiences and ranges of side effects possible but to make a blanket statement that nobody should ever take it is not really fair to the people that could benefit if they took it. There is a reason these drugs require prescriptions and medical supervision and are not sold over the counter and that is an important part of any drug treatment from those for mental illness to the ones for blood pressure and heart drugs or any variety of others.