Very Down....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by loner060, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loner060

loner060 Member

So I'm on my second week of doubling my anti depressants and today I just can't seem to get it together. I starting feeling better last week. I forced myself to go to the gym and try to get back on track. I had a fun weekend with friends and now today I feel relentlessly sad. I am working and just want to sleep for the next 10 days. I slept all day yesterday and got nothing done at all.

I want to go home and just sleep sleep sleep. I need to lose weight, but again I have lost all desire to go to the gym and my head is pounding...

I'm tired of hearing that things will get better... because as I get older and life goes on, everything just hurts more, I am incredibly lonely and know I will die alone. :/

So tired of hurting and being here ...

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Loner,
    I know how you feel.. I am really down myself..I don't see the light anymore.. Only darkness... I too have been sleeping alot just so I don't have to think about it.. Take care!!

3. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

i felt like that a long time, i'm doing a bit better now, it's just the evenings and nights that still can be hard.
    I used to sport a lot, kickboxing and running, because of injuries and proriasis I had to stop doing those sports and sporting was the only thing that was keeping me sane. So by not sporting i started feeling more depressed and offcourse gained some weight too.
    Been sad and mad 24/7 for months and months. somehow i got a bit control over myself again.
    Started going to the gym but the sport i really like doing now is mountainbiking, just riding around in nature kinda soothes me.

Try to find some activity to do that you really like, group sessions at the gym maybe? or some team sport or join some sport a friend or colleague does too.
    I know it's very hard to fight loneliness.
    I feel sad and lonely to after some time with friends and then spending time alone again other days. But you can't let yourself focus on those feelings, it'll only make you feel worse and worse.
    I hope you find a way to cope with it.

4. loner060

loner060 Member

Exercise usually does help me, I am a very athletic person, I have to uphold my image for my line of work, and unfortunately, due to depression, I put on 10 lbs and really struggling to get it off.

I have completely lost my confidence and my drive to get back to the gym, I used to work out 5-6 days a week and kept my body in good shape.
    All my clothes are tight now, and The last time I worked out that many times in a week was mid January. I look and feel horrible now and it's hard to even push myself into a gym. I'm embarrassed of myself and feel there is no point in pushing on anymore.

5. Stormrider

Maybe try to go to gym even if you don't feel like it.
    I do the same thing, i don't feel like starting to sport but when i force myself to go(which is very hard sometimes) and just start then i feel good when i'm done.
    It might be just some weird thing in my brain, but it works for me.

6. Stormrider

Also just try to go at least 3-4 times a week if 6 or more is too hard.
    I haven't been doing any sports for about 10 months untill i started again and it's a hell to start again after that time, don't want that to happen to anyone else, cause it's getting harder and harder to motivate yourself if you keep delaying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.