Very Good Books for Grieving & Especially Grieving Suicides

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Diane Eileen, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Diane Eileen

Diane Eileen New Member

Hi. I often work with families who are grieving the loss of a loved one through suicide. Being a person who has also "survived" a suicide in my family, I try my best to help others.

Here are some books that I really love and recommend. These are available on Amazon as used books for usually just $1.00 or less, + shipping. So you never need to buy new.

Dying to be Free: A Healing Guide for Families after a Suicide by Beverly Cobain (Mother of Kurt Cobain) and Jean Laarch. It's small but has a lot of really good insight.

I'm Still With You: True Stories of Healing Grief Through Spirit Communication: Carole J. Obley

On Grief and Grieving Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss:: Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Understanding Your Suicide Grief: 10 Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart: Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.

I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Copying & Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One: Brook Noel & Pamela D. Blair, Ph.D

Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas, Compassionate advice and simple activities to help you through your loss: Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.

Angel Catcher: A Journal of Loss and Remembrance: By Kathy Eldon and Amy Eldon Turteltaus

No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One: Carla Fine

I hope you find some peace with these books. I have found them very helpful.

Diane Eileen

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2016
    Brian777 and Jenumbra like this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Good post Diane, some of these books may be of benefit to members.
    Thank you
    Brian

3. Diane Eileen

Diane Eileen New Member

Thank you Brian!

Brian777 likes this.