*****very Important*****

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by itachi, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Now with this Thread i want to get this out there.

There are problems in chat.
    We all know that something is wrong.
    There is no hiding it.
    A lot of you will know that i am fed up with it, but that isn't what this thread is about.

A lot of anger in the chat is being directed towards the mods.
    This is not fair or polite.
    The Mod's on SF are not Councillors, they are not trained to do this They are regular people chosen out of the SF community. They all have their own problems, they all have feelings and it is not right for them to be hounded everyday in chat.

The Mod's in chat are their to keep chat safe, they are their to stop people being triggered and to defuse the tense situations between members.

They do their best to keep the peace, they do there best to keep everyone happy.

It really hurts to hear that the goings on in chat are upsetting the mod's to the point that some of them want to leave SF. or that some of them are feeling suicidal about it.

Their is no reason to jump down the mod's throats if they make a choice that you are not happy about. If you are really that upset take it up with the admin's.

don't sit their arguing about it because they had to make a decision and they made it. They did what they thought needed to be done. Don't bitch about it because it was there choice not yours.

if you think that their are steps that can be taken to make chat better, get intouch with robin, don't sit there and complain and argue about it in chat ,that helps nobody.

Please People the Mod's aren't out to get you, they are just doing their Job. They do their best and they Deserve to be treated with respect.

All this Fighting and Arguing is making people avoid chat. ther are new members that don't like going into chat because everybody is always fighting.
    other members like me are leaving chat because they hate the fighting.
    and people are scared to ask for help in ther because they don't want to get ther heads bitten off. Honestly guys, it is making people miserable.

if people just calm down and stop all this stupid nonsence, SF can be a much better place for everyone.

From Josh.
  2. Nakur

Nakur Guest

Like always, there are still 2 sides to the story.

PS. posting this thread will just get another useless argument btw.
    Note* I dun think todays events are about the mods in general.. but simply one person and the side-arguments that arose from that.
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

"It really hurts to hear that the goings on in chat are upsetting the mod's to the point that some of them want to leave SF. or that some of them are feeling suicidal about it."

Then maybe they should step down temporarily if it affects them so much that it becomes life-threatening to them...
  4. Nakur

Nakur Guest

which is what I said in my very first post Eva.. and that got completely shot down and it started personal attacks against me ^^;
  5. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

dunno if you noticed yet, but there is no ripping on the mods going on, the mods are well supported, the problem is that one particular mod thought she had a reason to go guilt tripping a certain member; and congrats to her; it helped, he decided to fucking overdose again

thanks for reading; it was a pleasure

*sits down and waits for post to be deleted*
  6. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

Im Not Taking Sides

Im saying that people should Take a step back and not turn every little complaint into a full blown fight.

btw? , its your reply that is starting a useless arguement If you had actually read my post you would see that
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  7. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you on this, Josh.
    What annoys me most is that everyone gets affected. It's not exactly pleasant to come into chat in the middle of arguements and fights. I can only imagine how it must feel like for a new member.

The fighting should stop, it's ridiculous, getting out of hand, and to put it in a major understatement: not pleasant for the ones involved, not even to talk about the ones who aren't involved at all.

People come here, depressed and often suicidal, they come into chat and they end up in the middle of fights/arguements that are going on. HOw does that make one feel? :sad:

let's stop the bickering and fighting. it's not getting us anywhere *sigh*
  8. ybt

ybt Guest

it's one thread out of millions people could choose from, and we're not obstructing chat, so i don't think people will feel too bad
  9. Nakur

Nakur Guest

"its your reply that is starting a useless arguement If you had actually read my post you would see that" I disagree, you posted a statement that "anger was being directed at mods" while it is true that this one person is a mod. There is no "anger" directed at the mods in general. unless replying to a false or hypocritical statement counts ^^

But unless people yet again claim my post was somehow wrong I shall not reply about this topic again ^^
  10. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

*sigh*, once again, people try to turn it all into an arguement
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  11. Nakur

Nakur Guest

you do realise that merely not agreeing isn't "trying to make an argument" right?
  12. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Isn't everybody entitled to an opinion?
  13. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

You are being deliberately argumentative (which I'm sure you'll argue with). You need to let it go.
  14. on my own

I second that...
  15. Nakur

Nakur Guest

ahhh another personal attack.
    By an admin this time.

When someone says something that is not true ( in my opinion ), I am allowed to post my opinion about it.

Ps. you still gonna reply in the "let it out" section? cause im sort of curios to how you see that ^^
  16. ybt

ybt Guest

"You need to let it go."

Why? This is what we're arguing in the first place, why should he let it go? We are being fairly civil in this.
  17. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

If you continue to argue with staff members you will also face a temporary ban until we discuss the issue in the staff room. Choice is yours.
  18. on my own

temporary as in less than a day? ^^
  19. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Temporary until the issue is fully discussed.
  20. ybt

ybt Guest

can i ask you a question? and this is not an argument, i'm honestly curious...

why are you so tight on not arguing with staff? honestly, this is one of the most tame "arguments" i've ever seen. it's just a mix of opinions. we'd both like sf to change for the better...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.