Very strange moods...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by feathers, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

So sometimes I get these weird moods that I have come to accept as normal, but I got one the other night, and it freaked my bf out so much, and he wouldn't calm down no matter how many times I told him, it's happened before and I'm always fine.

I'm not qualified to say this as I've never taken drugs but at a guess, I feel like I'm high. He has a lot of friends who have done drugs and he described it as like I had taken E or Speed. I just was acting quicker than usual and talking in a higher pitch than usual, and laughing a lot...

It happens occasionally and I'm always just mad and out of control for a while then eventually just slow down again and I'm tired. Does anyone know what this could be and whether it would be worth mentioning to the psych when I finally get an appointment?

Thanks in advance.
    K x

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yes it's worth talking about it with your psychiatrist.

I get the same thing, and I've found it's linked to severe anxiety, not all the time- meaning a lot of the time I'm just thrilled/happy/grounded full stop- and people think I've taken mdma. But when I'm dissociated-manic I feel very similar to you. I really hate it and I've been trying to work with the anxiety over the last few months..

Do you feel stressed/anxious about anything at the moment? Do you like the feeling? Is it uncomfortable and you wish you could just slow down because you have difficulty concentrating?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  3. feathers

I'm never anxious really, no. It's an ok feeling but after I while I wish I could slow down

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Is it a problem for you, as it happens only occasionally and you're not harming yourself or others? I know your BF gets freaked but he would if he's not used to seeing you like that.

I'd suggest talking about things you see as a problem with your psych- things that are disrupting your life. But it's up to you, if you like your psychiatrist, and you have a good relationship there's no harm talking about what you mentioned. :smile:

5. feathers

Just tha tpeople keep saying from my posts I sound like I'm bipolar and I was wondering if it could be anything to do with that

thanks for your replies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.