Videogame Music (VGM)

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2 soundtracks affect me in all the right ways! *thumbsup

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Soundtrack 11 - Queen's Berth (Justin Bell), special highlight ~ the part at 1 minute 50+ seconds in... *thumbsup

Great videogame soundtracks can - as it is known - make you want to revisit/replay the game again. It's not just nostalgia, I think it's also remembering times in your life where you felt this experience was a form of escapism. Escapism from the daily grind and such. *dance4 Specifically with soundtracks in games and movies, it can be quite powerful.

One thing I don't usually do is listening to soundtracks of games I haven't played (yet), but I'll try! *yes4 Reasons might be obvious, same with soundtracks of movies I haven't seen - it feels like the context & setting are missing.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
One thing I don't usually do is listening to soundtracks of games I haven't played (yet), but I'll try!
I like the Final Fantasy music but I agree that you need to have played the games, just to conjure up images of those dancing Chocobos! If you haven't played the games then the music can sound like that of any other film score.

I listen to video game music only when I'm playing the game :D But one that I feel like listening from time to time is this from Horizon Zero Dawn (as well as the remix version from Horizon Forbidden West)

I also love the Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
Oh yea my spotify is full of in game music part of my love for mass effdct is this trailer which got me into the group who make free music for trailers two steps from heaven

also big strategy fan so loved this from command and conquer red aleart

This is what I've been talking about in the video games thread. One of my favorite in-game music/theme.

Just feels sad hearing it.

Unenthusiastic

Oh yea my spotify is full of in game music part of my love for mass effdct is this trailer which got me into the group who make free music for trailers two steps from heaven

also big strategy fan so loved this from command and conquer red aleart

I absolutely love the Command & Conquer soundtracks. Frank Klepacki is a genius as far as I'm concerned.

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
For sure I still play C&C today be it the old ones or the remaster still hoping for more remasters coming

Another old game I used to like but I think no one will remember as there very old Cannon fodder and sensible world of soccer music for an Amiga games they had a great ost

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I remember Xenon 2 on the Amiga had music that was ground-breaking at the time. Earliest track I like is from Head Over Heels, but like all Spectrum games music gets annoying and repetitive after about 30 seconds.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00