Violence in the house

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by Mat Voleido, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

I don't know if this counts as domestic abuse necessarily, but my parents have been arguing so much lately and taking it out on us.

When I was a kid, I remember my mother used to hit me all the time, and sometimes with objects like a rolling pin. My father was never at home, he was gone in the morning and came home around my bedtime. My mother used to call me all sorts of terrible names, like "the son of the devil" and stuff.

It kind of stopped when I got older because I got bigger and stuff. But my mother still yelled all the time, and she threw stuff around and trashed shit. She'll take the smallest thing, like my tone of voice (and I don't even use a tone, I'm just tired) and she'll go crazy. If I say something, she'll get even angrier. Sometimes, I try to just shrug it off. I say "Okay" or "Whatever" and she repeats it in my voice, mocking me, and it's terrible.

It's been getting worse. Recently, my parents have been arguing. Every single day my mother comes home and yells at us for something. She tells us to change something. If we do, she still gets angry and says we don't do it right.

Last night, my parents got into a huge argument and there was a lot of smashing and slamming. My father, who normally has one or two beers a night, drank alot more, I suppose. Anyways, there was a little bit of arguing, and now I have this stupid fucking massive swelling right under my eye, and just a little bit of bruises. I know it's probably just a one time thing.

It's terrible. I don't know how to react at all. Only a few months until I can finally move out, but I just can't stand this house anymore. It's just too much
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Hi Mat,

This does sound like it could fall under domestic abuse. I've linked you to a few articles that you might like to read.

I am glad you are going to be able to get out of there. Have you though about any Counselling to help you get through these last few months?
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

how about staying at a friends place for a few nights or a relatives just to get away from it all Leave them a note to say enough already you guys are killing me maybe they would smarten up then. try to keep busy okay stay out as much as you can go to movies outings shopping etc just to stay away from it all.
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I think you need to get away from these people. What they are doing is completely wrong.
  5. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

That does fall under domestic violence sweetheart.
    Almost child abuse as well. Actually it is both.
    You need to get out of there, if you are younger and go to school tell a teacher.. if not.. tell your doctor.
    Heres some good luck dust :stars: xoxoxoxox
  6. Anny

Anny Member

That does fall under domestic abuse. And all I can say is, get out, get help while you stil can. My mother used to hit me, and call me names and things. She doesn't hit me anymore but she does mumble stuff etc. The thing is, I never told anyone about my at home situation and it's something I regret. I had a burnout at 15, got depressed, an eating disorder and went to lawschool hoping that maybe it would make my mother so much as just like me. But it didn't, it just made me more misserable.

So do something now sweety, you need to get out. Go talk to someone, like a teacher or a counceler. If it helps, talk to a friend first and ask if he/she will go with you. Good luck:)
  7. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I agree with the others - tell someone...get out ...

This is abuse, plain and simple and horrible....

Don't hide it - this kind of thing flourishes in the darkness of secrecy and is only driven out by shining the light of honesty and truth on it...

Keep posting and tell us how you are :hug:
  8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else. Blessings..
  9. Things

Things Well-Known Member

This is abuse. No doubt about it.

I think the police should know about this. It's not right for abusers to get away with things like this.
  10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Your mother sounds mentally unstable to me- continuously hitting a little boy and saying ridiculing things that a young mind is certain to be damaged by. It is not letting her off of the hook but she sounds like she is not nearly in reality and has something tormenting her into looking to harm.

Does your mother have siblings or are her parents, your grandparents able to talk to her. These people in their own world seem to only be reachable by a few people they respect and I hope it would be her family members. I hope you are able to leave these experiences in the past when you can get out of that house Mat. :console:
  11. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

Hey guys, sorry I took so long to reply.

Yeah, even though things can go well for awhile, those moments in the past are forever burned into my memory. Like when she would yell or spank or call me "The Devil's Child". I don't know if it is the one reason for how I turned out, but I think it may be one of the contributing factors in my depression.

Anyways, things are fine now. My dad is bad when he's drunk. He's bad on all drugs. He was put on an anti-depressant once and he became 5 times worse than ever. But things evened out.

Although things are hard to take sometimes. I'm still looking forward to moving out soon. I'll be living with some other people and going to school an hour or so away from home so hopefully things will be looking up
  12. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

I think this does fall under domestic abuse. I can't believe that your mother hit you with a rolling pin that is really terrible you should have notified your Teacher and told them about what you've been going through on the Home-Front. I think they could have alleviated what you've been going through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.