Violent thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you get violent thoughts? This day has been really really bad for me. My father has been drunk since morning like usual and behaves like your typical aggressive drunk. I kinda hope he tries to aggravate me today then i could teach him a little lesson by cracking his skull open. I also often fantasize about harming my therapist. I don't think i am a violent person. I have never been in a fight, but i have so much anger inside me that sometimes i wish i could just beat somebody until there is nothing left of them.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
I know the feeling. I used to get that way about my husband (now ex). And now if I'm hurt by someone I feel as if I will truly harm the next person I have to deal with, use them to get out all the pent up anger and rage for the things done to me by another. Hun, please talk to your therapist about this. I wish I had cuz now, rather than hurt others, I try to find ways to hurt or punish myself instead others. Not a good situation. If you cant then try getting involved in something physical, working out anything to release the anger before you turn it on yourself.

Probably a good advice.Today is just one of those days when nothing can change the way i feel. I hope tomorrow will be better.

D

Dave_N

Hi Pepe. It's probably better to release all that built up anger in constructive ways instead of taking out on somebody, no matter how tempting it may seem.

abyss

i get those feelings too. i tried a number of things from exercising to breaking inanimate objects. when i tried to repress the feelings i just ended up exploding with rage over something stupid later or turning my aggression on myself and hurting my own body instead.

what i found the most helpful and theraputic for me was to buy a big punching bag. i got a 100lb bag and when i felt like i needed to beat the crap out of someone i would go to my bag. picture it as anyone i needed it to be. its good exercise and vents the aggression in a way that feels most natural.

maybe a shrink wouldn't agree with my methods and would think that its just enabling the aggressive feelings, but since nothing else worked for me i figure its better then actually kicking the crap out of someone whenever i'm angry.

titanic

Hi Pepe, its important that you tell your therapist how you are feeling, you need to mention the fact that you have fantasized about harming your therapist, because I believe this could be quite important. What type of therapist do you have and how is the repport between you and them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00