Violent urges..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cren, Aug 31, 2016.

1. cren

cren Well-Known Member

usually when i'm upset.. i would start self-harming.. i'm not sure if it's the reason why lately.. when i just want to give up.. i usually have violent urges.. like wanting to hit someone.. or just punching the wall.. when i get so frustrated i feel that way.. i remember when i was younger.. i would tell my friends then.. that i want to hit somebody.. nobody in particular.. but really just punch someone.. they would laugh at me.. and thought that i was kidding..

i still get those urges until now.. and it's getting frequent.. i'm worried i'll just suddenly hit someone.. especially at work.. when i'm so frustrated..

2. Brittless

Brittless On Leave

All I can say is these urges are well known to me. Try getting an actual punching bag?

3. purgatory

purgatory New Member

I can relate to this, whenever i get sad, angry or frustrated i fell the urge to just punch everything and everyone close to me, and it is like this big ball is growing inside me, and i just want to scream so badly and just let it all out. But i know i its wrong to do so, so i just ham myself instead, because i fell like that is the only way i can get some distance to all the sadness and anger that is growing inside of me

4. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

Have you ever considered taking up meditation? It's not entirely pseudoscientific and might help. Failing that obtaining a punching bag and heavy bag gloves would be a good idea as Brittless suggested.

5. cren

cren Well-Known Member

well there's no punching bag around.. and i actually relish the pain.. i don't mind having bruises on my hand after repeatedly punching the wall.. or the floor..

6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

yeah.. unfortunately.. i feel the same way about self-harming.. it's like it's the only way to let it all out.. my frustrations.. my sadness.. all given life through self-harming..

7. cren

cren Well-Known Member

thanks.. i'll try to do that.. not sure if i'm gonna succeed though.. what with the voices in my head getting louder and louder.. maybe it'll help them finally shut up..

8. cren

cren Well-Known Member

thanks for all your help.. i'll let you know what happens in the next few days..

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry to be naive but why are you angry instead of sad when you're upset? What is the triggers? Have you given anger management tips a spin? Even have classes for that type of anger.

10. cren

cren Well-Known Member

that's what i'm wondering too.. i don't know if it's because of too much self-harming.. that i finally developed a violent personality..

11. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i want to shout.. i want to just let it all out.. i want to hurt someone.. just beat them up and get this all out.. i feel like i'm mad at something i don't even know what.. ugh..