Visible cutting...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Blackness, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I often cut my left wrist.:mellow:
    And it's a pain to try and hide it ALL the time, so I figured I could try a 'covered' body part, but I can't.

Because during the day, at uni or home, I like to good at the cuts on my arm, I love the look of them.

Sometimes I think I only do it to have it there, I like them and get angry if they arnt prominent enough and I get proud if they look good.

Is anyone else like this? Do you like to look at your cuts?
    Also, any tips on covering them up? Do you waer long sleeze tops, or cuffs or anything?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Er...I dun really look at them, and feel proud of them, but I do cut in the same place as you, and it is a complete pain to hide them, but that's what I have to do. I've tried less visible body parts as well, but like you, I went back to my arm..
    But to answer your question. Heh..I don't like looking at my cuts, but sometimes I look at them and feel kind of sad if they fade..as weird as that is...And I wear long sleeves, all the time. >.<

3. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

yeh i just wear long sleeves. my entire left arm is covered. i attempted once to go out sleeveless, and got people shouting stuff in the street at me. so long sleeved tops it is!

im abit mixed. i like lookin at them for 1. make me feel good about how deep my cuts were, how strong i was and in control and 2. to see how far ive come from when i used to cut all the time

but i dont want anyone else to see. if others see, im ashamed.

4. [So far] I only cut on my thigh, where, being a guy, it's always covered. I don't want anyone else to see my cuts. But personally, I do like to look at them sometimes, when I'm alone. And I do see a certain beauty in them; I, too, want my cuts to look good

5. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I have all my cuts on either my upper arm or on my ankle/shin. Makes it easy to cover up and when I want to look at it all I have to do is lift up my t-shirt sleeve.

6. Will

Will Staff Alumni

How weird, Darkness...I ONLY cut my left wrist. Arm never gets it off right, and I just like the way it feels on the wrist. I agree with you, though...

It is such a bastard to hide. I have a watch I bought a wideband for just so I can expand my area. I have one, or two of those wrist bands, but it's like...I'm not into them. But they are huge, and that's alot of cutting space. The downside is, when you have to swim and stuff, and you can't avoid takign it off, there's a ton of scars.

Just saying I know what you mean. And it's a total pain...

I hope you can get better, but I can't help it either, the left wrist is the only place for some reason. But I don't know how many times I've gotten dead close to being caught.

7. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

i like to look at my scars, yes. But only ever if i'm alone.

i wonder if there's anything else that would give you the same reassurance(?) as the cuts/scars...Have you thought about why you do it? Hope that you can find a better way before it goes too far. Take care of yourself. x

8. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

I love looking at them too,
    knowing what i've done.
    I wear long-sleeved tops 24/7.
    I went out and bought some plain white tops to wear under just whatever i would noramlly where so it works well.
    But i guess if it's summer i'm going to get heaps hot but sometimes its not bad.

And if it's not in a big area you could wear a wristband or something.

9. Jess

Jess Guest

I don't love looking at mine. Quite frankly, afterwards looking at them makes me sick. I guess I'm just that discusted with myself? :unsure:

As for covering.. long sleeves is easiest for arms.. but that's not so easy in the summer when it s 90º. I think there's a thread or two in this section that has a few tips on hiding..

10. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

I like to look at them.

And yes, its really hard to hide them. Now i only wear long shirts. The problem is that here is really hot, and it is kind of strange when people look ate me...

11. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

12. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Left wrist over and over again

yes, i gain a sense of calm and awe by looking at them.

yes, i get sad when they start to fade.

yes, they are a bitch to hide

13. blade

blade Well-Known Member

same here hun.. i used to do in on my arm(shoulder) kindda. i wear arm socks to cover my wrist sometimes.

14. Blackness

Blackness Guest

15. Nevermore

Nevermore Active Member

I try to keep in on places not visible during the summer. Less work involved with hiding them. If I need to remind myself they're there I will bump into something. I like the way the look though ...

16. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

When I cut I did it on my right leg most of the time. Once I did it on my hip and another time I did it on my shoulder. I always hid mine. Now I have nothing left but scars which I still hide with long pants. I like looking at them which is why I took pics of them when they were at the worst. Mostly though I just iggore them and kind of forget about them.

17. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Yeah I take photos of mine too :blink:
    I must be weird

18. Whenever I hurt myself, I always stare at them. If I’m at school and I have cuts on my arm, I sit in class and stare at them sometimes, if my eyes happen to notice them. Whenever I hurt myself, I always wear long sleeves. But, lately, I have moved to cutting else where, like on my legs. The upper thighs, since it’s really hot here and I get hot easily, and I can still wear shorts, without anyone noticing them. And I can still see them. I like staring at them the most when they are bleeding, fresh, or when they have become a scar. My scars that are fading, make me sad, I don’t want them to go away. One time I remembered I just hurt myself just so I could have scars that would stay.

19. Blackness

Blackness Guest

yeh me too, because I dont cut extremely deep I get pissed when they heal up and fade away. Sometimes I just do it so I have a cut there...

20. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I've done that on occasion...I get disappointed. Once, the dumbest thing. I was triggered by these carpet knives at work, so I took one, and I didn't even really 'press' or anything. Yet it yielded the biggest of all, moreso then my normal. It's kind of...annoying...but it's there, atleast.

You ever try shapes? Letters, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.