Vivid / Abnormal Dreams just won't stop

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by History, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. History

History Well-Known Member

despite having been off all antidepressants for the past 3 weeks, I'm still having these CRAZY dreams which go on and on and leaves me exhausted when i wake up. It's as good as not having slept at all. I'm really sick of these dreams which surfaced since I took effexor. I thought getting off effexor will get rid of these dreams but they dont seem to be going away. Anyone faced the same problem? Did it finally disappear? It has been three WEEKS!

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I really struggled with dreams when I started Effexor, but it did take a while to settle. This is because it has a build up effect in your system, so can take a while for it to be fully out of your system. Also, if you have been on Effexor for a while it may appear as a withdrawal effect. Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

3. History

i took effexor for 5 months and the 'dreams' did not normalize. So I decided to wean myself of it graduallyand now the brain zaps are gone but the stupid dreams are still there. Every night, I hope that I wont have these dreams anymore but still i get them. I thas been a FULL 3 weeks since i tapered off effexor and the dreams are still as crazy and vivid as before. I stopped seeing my doc after i weaned myself of the med as he would insist that I take them.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think that maybe because you have done this yourself you have not necessarily done it as slowly as the doc might have suggested, which is maybe why you are having so many problems. 5 months worth won't peter out instantly; it will take time to get completely out of your system.

Maybe go back and see your doctor?

5. History

i'll see him again if it doesnt go away in a month's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.