Vivid Dreams - Prozac?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Screaminginsilence, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

Since switching from 20, to 40, to 60mg Fluxotine (Prozac) my mood is much more settled, i go abit 'vacant' from time to time but all in all i am genuinley happier

However my sleep pattern is awful, and when i do drop off i have awful dreams. Mostly nightmares, some weird random dreams. When i started on the higher dose they were more frequent but now they seem to be subsiding

Any one else experienced this, and any tips on better sleep whilst on flux, or anything youve done to help?

Also the dreams thing?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have heard this happening I think i would discuss this with your doctor maybe he would have some suggestions Or maybe once the meds level out the dreams will subside a bit Sorry i cannot help more

3. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

I would also mention this to your pdoc. Prozac can have that effect on some people, maybe if you tried taking it in the morning it wouldn't cause insomnia. I know that it was very activating for me so if I took it at night it usually affected my sleep. Good luck with it.

4. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I take it every morning usually between 8am and 10am, the dreams are subsiding its just taking me a while to drop off.

I have my normal check up in a couple of weeks so will mention it then, but deffo doing better on the 60mg dosage! :hamster:

5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah i got to admit thatwas one of the persks being on prozac .. i loved the wacked ddreams.

my sleeping was sa mess (althought it alwsys has been) so the doctor gave me some sleeping pills (cant emremember their name atm) which were garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.