Voices.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by tiggersafire, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

For the past week I have been hearing voices telling me to hurt myself. I haven't given in yet, but I am afraid I might soon. I have taken my as needed doses of Thorazine, but they haven't been helping. I have Schizoaffective disorder so it's common for me to hear voices sometimes, but the medication I've been on for the last year or so, Haldol and Thorazine, usually help. Lately it seems there is nothing I can do to stop the voices.

My grandpa and I met with my case manager, Kate, this morning for coffee. She said they sound particularly bad because I was even hearing them when we were all talking. She said she would go with me to the hospital to make sure I get admitted tomorrow, and that she would phone the emergency nurse and psychiatrist to see if they can admit me as well.

But I am scared to go to the hospital. They're always mean and make you feel horrible there, not to mention the long wait and even worse the time in the psych ward if I do get admitted. I guess I'm just wondering what all of your opinions are, as to what I should do. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I don't post very often.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ithink hun if you are hear voices maybe the doctor will just increase your meds or add on to them and maybe you will not have to be admitted. If you do it won't be for too long just until you are stable ok I am sorry they were mean to you before but each nurse is different ok most do care about their patients there is always one though i understand that that one just stay clear of ok and talk to nice n urses

3. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I don't have an appointment with my psychiatrist until November 18th. Kate says that's way too long to wait, and they don't usually just do med changes in the psych ER where I live. She was hoping to get in touch with the psychiatrist for our apartment building, oddly enough the one who diagnosed me with Schizoaffective about two years ago, to see if he could change my meds or get me admitted to the hospital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.