Voluntary Imprisonment

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by souless, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. souless

    souless Guest

    Would it be legal for me to hand over my life to a prison for 1 year?

    I could sign papers agreeing to confinement for a period of one year, if they would agree to not release me until my time is served, no matter how much I beg.

    I want to be treated like a criminal. I want to understand what it feels like to see the world through the eyes of a prisoner. Maybe I'll gain a new perspective on the world once I'm released?

    Is this possible ?
  2. Shogun

    Shogun Well-Known Member

    I have no idea, but I doubt it. It costs the government money to imprison you and takes up valuable space. I think the closest you could come is to commit yourself to a mental hospital, but it won't be a walk in the park by any means, as I'm sure you're already aware.

    Funnily enough, I understand why you want to do this.
  3. SoulRiser

    SoulRiser Well-Known Member

    I don't know if you can actually do it, but this site might give you some vague idea of what it could be like: http://www.prisonexp.org/
  4. Aaron

    Aaron Well-Known Member

    It would be legal if you committed a crime.....but seriously though, i think i understand why you want to do this too.....i'm thinking of commiting myself to mental health ward.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.