Volunteering Improves Mental Health

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Perfect Melancholy, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Article in todays Guardian about volunteering http://www.theguardian.com/voluntar...rch-shows-volunteering-improves-mental-health I really liked reading the case studies they used on it

I have to agree with this report from the CAB, volunteering can be done picking your own hours and days etc, most places in the uk pay for your travel and lunch. It gives a sense of purpose and also gives stability and structure, so you can develop a routine, whilst I volunteer rarely now because of my work, I find that I always feel good after.

At Christmas I volunteered at one the homeless shelters we run at a school up in chalk Farm (London),I was overwhelmed by how good it made me feel about myself, something that I had not felt in so long hell I cleaned toilets even and loved every moment.

Anyway just my ramble for the day

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

So true volunteering gives one a purpose to get up in morning
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

In the uk this week is volunteering week and if you Google Volunteering Week you will find lots of informnation about voluntary work

Volunteering is good for the soul plus you meet people & it is a boost to your cv
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.