Waking Up is the Worst Part

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kristellechou, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristellechou

kristellechou Well-Known Member

You know how you wake up and as soon as you do, you start feeling everything again? You kinda get hit by this crushing feeling on your chest and you want to go back to sleep but can't and you know what you really want to do is killl yourself so you don't have to feel anymore?

That's me every single day. That's me now.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Waking up is bad for me too because I realize each day that thing haven't improved and likely never will. I hate mornings.

3. kristellechou

I hear you.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, I think (not sure) that you are have thoughts like this because you're not in therapy or the therapy isn't working so well. Are you seeing any professionals? Medication can make you feel better but I think you need to combine it with therapy, that's what worked for me.

I am sorry you are feeling so bad everyday :hug:

5. kristellechou

I stopped taking the zoloft years ago and I kinda am in therapy but yes, it does need to start working better. I think it's my bipolarity - I'm perfectly ok some days, sometimes better than ok. Others are the exact opposite. My last session was on a really good day. But I'm going back on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

Either way, waking up, for me, is always really, really awful.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ah I see. There's so many anti depressants these days maybe it is time to start on a different one? I take zoloft now and it works perfectly fine for me but everyone's different. Best of luck with your therapy session and make sure you're totally honest with the therapist so they can help :)

7. StephenKellyEFC

StephenKellyEFC Account Closed

It is all bad apart from going to sleep. for me anyway. Hopefully I will be going to sleep for a long time very soon :( feel free to look on my thread!

8. kristellechou

My thoughts exactly.

Where is your thread?

9. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

Mornings are so hard for me to, I hear you. Just wishing I could sleep the world away. StephenKelly, where's the thread? Thanks.

10. fosty

fosty Well-Known Member

I Wake up and life crushes me into the bed so bad I just don't wanna get up, i really understand what you mean. and for me there's comfort in that blanket of depression, it protects me from interracting with the world somehow

11. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

When I try to go to sleep I close my eyes and my eyelids turn into a movie screen of all the horrible things and trauma's ive experienced in the past. Most nights I have to chemically induce myself to sleep cos I cant shut my mind off and the stomach pains are unbearable at times. When I finally get to sleep, I have nightmares probably 8 out 10 times. When I wake up, there is this overwhelming intense feeling of doom that hits me, before my feet hit the floor, its so profound and such a jarring feeling. Combine that with intense nausea, and I can say waking up is definitely not something I look forward to.

12. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

Them feels.

13. Luie

Luie Well-Known Member

Waking up and becoming aware of reality is always hard. But I've learned to hang onto those few minutes between being asleep and awake where I've woken up, but I'm not yet aware of myself or where I am. It's taken a few years to lengthen this hazey period from a few seconds to a few minutes, but sometimes by brain still skips it completely. I find it happens most often when I wake up naturally, which is why I hate alarms.

14. SAMPAT

SAMPAT Member

Same here. I wake up with the same feelings too. The great mountain of dread and negativity. It's downright overwhelming and is crippling to me. Sad thing is that I started having it just a couple of weeks ago. It has been many years since i recovered and now its all coming back and I dont know what to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.