1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waking up is torture

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

tired of everything. Just woke up and feel completely disappointed in the fact that it's a new day, it's torture to just wake up. Having to be alive is so painful.

2. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Got the same problem with waking up, i wake up and im sad and angry.
    Today was a bit better,started mountainbiking(one of the only sports i can do at the moment bacause of injury) and decided to ride with someone from my work.So today we did a big muddy ride.
    Most of the times i feel a bit better if i know i've got something to do instead of just sitting on my own waiting for the day to end.

3. Ziva

Ziva Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the same. I just wish there was a day I WOULDN'T walke up.

4. TimH88

TimH88 New Member

Yeah same. I tend to just want to stay in bed and sleep the day away. Maybe someday I wont wake up at all lord willing

5. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Waking up blows. I want nothing more than to throw the covers over my head and fall back to sleep. Sometimes I wake up crying, which I can't explain, because I can't identify what's making me cry.

6. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I can definitely relate. Waking and getting up can be so difficult - no matter what the hour. I tend to experience intense anxiety and depression, and it usually takes me at least half an hour to get up after first opening my eyes because I need to regulate my emotions. I have a habit of "cursing the daylight" too, so I guess there's some anger in there as well. Sometimes I think to myself, "Not another one [day]!"

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I hate wakeing up.. But I have no choice... My dog wakes me up anywhere from 4:30 to 5:30 to go out..

8. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Waking up is torture for me to. I woke up this morning from just 2 hours rest, felt bad and said "fuck this shit", and went back to bed.

9. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

i am resentful waking up and am happy to stay under the duvet, friend arrives around 1000 and takes me for a walk and i go along like a lemming, i dont have the energy to think about where i want to go or not i just do as requested, i just put joggers on over jimjams and away i go and straight back to bed afterwards. whats the fuss, best safe place to be :anony:

10. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I know what you mean when I awake I say why couldn't I be gone in my sleep why?.I hate waking up to a new day as it's just the same old torture again and again.

11. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Yeah, feel same guys. The most I hate about awaking up is the thought how big loser I am and what I am gonna do that day. I'm awaking up nervous and with pain in my chest.:sigh:

12. ELLIEANDMONKEY

ELLIEANDMONKEY Well-Known Member

I feel the same! I hate waking up...it's the worst part of my day! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.

13. Kodye414

Kodye414 Member

Yes the same just I dnt do nothing I wake up and sit I sleep thur the day and wake up at like 1am I dnt have nothing to do no school dnt talk to no one have not bin out side in like 4 days I just feel like ppl dnt want me around so I just sleep till night when no ones up

14. the_snowcub

the_snowcub Active Member

Can understand fully what you mean. I go to sleep every night hoping I won't wake up. When I do wake up, I keep going back to sleep in the hope that this will be the sleep i don't wake up from

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.