1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waking yourself up!

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Jenny, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

So last night i was having a nightmare.. i was on a murder charge or something.. i can't remember now, but i remember panicking a lot..

.. then i remember saying to myself in my dream "This is just a dream, wake up now" AND I DID!!!!

It was really strange, i felt really anxious when i woke up but i calmed down by telling myself it was just a dream and went back to sleep..

I wonder if this was just a one off or whether i could do it again? Has anyone else managed to do this??

:grouphug:

2. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I've done that quite a few times myself. I have sometimes even changed a dream I didn't like.

Mia

3. Alf Stewart

Alf Stewart Guest

Sounds like lucid dreaming, where you know that you are dreaming and can control the outcome.

The degree of lucidity varies. When I was taking anti-depressants I found that my ability to have lucid dreams was greatly increased.

The first time I had one was after broke my wrist in sports. It was almost as if my body went into a type of shock. Strangely, the dream was the best feeling I'd ever had at the time - the abitity to do ANYTHING you want - and everything felt SO real.

It's difficult to explain what it's like to someone who's never had one, but those who have experienced it will know what I mean. I'm not really religious at all, but it does feel like a spiritual experience.

4. claycad

claycad Well-Known Member

I use to have these all the time, not much lately. Mine weren't nightmares, they were mostly very cool. You can do anything without consequence. I have also had experieces of my mind being awake, but not my body. I would be conscience but couldn't move my body or open my eyes no matter how bad I wanted too, very weird and scary.

5. SowrongSowrong

SowrongSowrong Active Member

I know what you are talking about. I have woken myself up some times, telling myself in the dream that i have to woke up. It's a little weird that you still are so afraid whenyou woke up, cause you know it is a dream and just pure fantasy, but the shock get's so big that it's not leaving the body. And surely it has sonething to do with the night

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I wish I could, I have been having ight terrors and waking up around 4-6AM and it's usaully me as a child being sexually assaulted and other things by my step father. :cry:

7. //x/forgottonemo/x//

//x/forgottonemo/x// Well-Known Member

i have loads, not recently though, earlier this year whenever i would have scary dreams of like running from a murderer or whatever id always lie down on the floor in my dream close my eyes and say ' come on chloe, its just a dream, just wake up and it'll be over' then i do wake up , its damn lucky cos i always just avoid being killed or having something bad happen to me in my dream.:huh: it was wierd it feels so real in the dream too :huh:

8. StarFish

StarFish Guest

I have always had lots of nightmares. Sometimes I know I'm dreaming and sometimes I don't. Sometimes when the nightmare is really bad I cry out: 'Jesus help me' and every single time I wake up. There are times I can't speak in my dreams so I just say it in my head.

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I can manipulate dreams :blink: make them go the way i want to :bleh: lol

Ermmm my dreams see to be pretty real sometimes, iv ended up punching the wall a few times :angel: (don't ask what i was dreaming lol) and as you'd imagine i woke up from the pain in my had :eek:hmy: lol

Ermmmm i seem to talk in my sleep alot :unsure: and have woke myself up swearing :eek:hmy:

The other night i started talking to my 'mum' when i was half asleep because i thought i heard her say something to me in my room :eek:hmy: looked up and no one was there :eek:hmy: silly me :shy:

But yeah punching walls anit recommended :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.