walking on thin icr

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by solardust, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solardust

    solardust Member

    I left a message on the welcome forum,its the last post under my handle,I am at my wits end,I have no intrests in anything,I no longer care if I eat,it seems as if I am walking through mud up to my neck,as I mentioned in that last post,I suffer from chronic pain so I know its a factor,the almost laughable part,is my husband works at a mental health hospital,yet refuses to talk or lend a compassionate hand,I realize I am like a wet blanket and being around me must suck big time,any help will be welcomed,Diana
  2. dragonfly70

    dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

    Hi Diana - welcome to SF. I'm sorry you've been struggling so much lately. It sounds like you've been through a lot lately and it's all catching up to you. I think it would be a good idea for you to seek out a psychiatrist at this point. Much of what you are describing, though it may be related to your chronic pain, sounds like the leaden paralysis of depression in my opinion - that feeling like you're walking through mud. Coupled with the sadness and tears and lack of appetite - these are classic symptoms of clinical depression. Given your complicated medical history and multiple medications you're on, a psychiatrist would be the best person to look at things. A therapist is probably also in order here, to help you work through the psychological issues you may be experiencing, but this sounds like a medical mental health issue to me. Your husband may be too close to be able to see any of it. Our families often are. Please continue to post and share with us - there are lots of good people here. But please do make yourself an appointment to be seen soon - if you can't get in to see a psychiatrist right away, then perhaps another visit to your regular doc - really advocating for your mental health issues and letting them know everything you've told us (print your posts even) - hopefully then they will take a serious look at the possibility that you may be suffering from depression. I would still get a psych involved, but they are often booked for weeks before you can see them.

    Hang in there - you've come to a good place.
  3. AlienBeing

    AlienBeing Well-Known Member

    Hi, Sounds like you have similar issues to my own. I'm a 49 year old female with chronic pain issues and depression as well. I know only too well what back pain is like. I suffered for years with bulging discs until one of them herniated and put me into utter hell. My lower back is OK now but my neck and shoulders, bladder, skin and now some undiagnosed neuromuscular disease continue to plague me with chronic pain. The depression has always been a separate issue with me as well. It existed before I had chronic pain issues, but the pain only makes it worse. Pain that no one can help you with, can make you feel so alone in the world. (See my latest post "letter to my pdoc." also in the Depression forum, for more on this point.
  4. MisterBGone

    MisterBGone Well-Known Member

    It's strange, some of the most apathetic, the least compassionate, caring and sympathetic, empathetic peers I have or know, are in the medical field: psychologist/doctor/pharmacist, etc. So, I don't think that your husband is terribly unique, in that regard, based on my very limited experience. You sound classically depressed to me, and, this is something that I am as familiar with as one can be, having struggled with clinical/major depression/disorder for some ten years or so. Hopefully, you find some way to turn things around, stop the hurt, and not feel so badly about yourself. If I knew the answer to all of those problems, I wouldn't be here... Take Care!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.