Want to but don't

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jonsey, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Why is it when I get really anxious or panicked I want to self harm? Setting here waiting to see the psych and all I can think about is self harm. I have a psych evaluation in an hour. It's almost too much to handle.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, it's a ''normal'' reaction to people who self harm to do so when anxious and panicked. Try your best not to give in, hold on to that hour as best you can and tell your psych about your thoughts, you must if you want them to help you. As for now get some ice rub it on areas you want to harm, there's loads of alternative self harm methods listed in the stickied thread. I believe in you. You can do this.

3. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support and encouragement Petal.

4. Petal

You are so very welcome, if there is anything else I can do, please let me know! You CAN do this! You CAN!!!

5. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Self harm thoughts running through my mind the past couple of days. I'm so tempted to give in. I know it is not the answer but it brings me relief from the pain and negative thoughts. Hating this vicious cycle.

6. Petal

Sorry the thoughts are getting to you but do not let them win Jonsey :hug:

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, try an elastic band which will also help as well. Take care Jonsey.

8. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

So much noise in my head (not voices just noise). I keep telling myself not to do anything but I feel like if I do something the noise will stop.

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

it is only temporary silence, self harm
    need better coping mechanisms
    be well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.