Want to die but can't get myself to do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by emmajh1234, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmajh1234

emmajh1234 Member

Anyone here want to commit suicide but can't (or just don't think they have the guts to do it)? I am in a situation where there is no way I can kill myself, because I am a coward. So all I can do is hope for something to change. I know it won't though. Been there, done that, same old ****. You know?

Also the fact that i'd be leaving people behind to "suffer" (I don't think they would suffer but thats what they tell me) makes me feel too guilty about it. I'm not sure but I imagine people can get over these things like losing someone who comimted suicide pretty quickly. Or at least stop thinking about it. There are probably times when they get reminded of that person but meh, life goes on right?

Anyway i'd just like to know if anyone is feeling the same. Please tell me the reasons why too, if it's not too difficult for you to talk about your situation.

I have a lot of spare time, I wish I could use that time to help people who need some support. I've tried this before but my advice seemed to make things worse for them or just annoyed them. I have many dreams and ways of how I'd like to help people but in my situation but it's very difficult. I don't go outside.. I'd try helping on the internet but I don't think I can make much difference to anyone. I wish I could.
  2. dips

dips Active Member

I also have suicidal feeling and I dont have guts to do it. But I dont call myself coward because its natural to feel so. Its a herculean task to kill your own self.

I feel like dying because I think I am in the category of people who are born unfortunate. Since I was in high school, I have been depressed, sad and in anguish most of the time. Its been eight years now. One by one tragedies are striking me. I have long lost the phrase of 'cant take it anymore'.Before the life offers me its terrible menaces it has in store for me, I want to kill myself, instead of this persistent suffering.

Howver much you feel that your close ones wont be effected, it will certainly change their by a degree if they have to face your suicide.

If you want to help me, you can just, well, reply to this post at the least.

3. emmajh1234

emmajh1234 Member

Hey dips,

I think you're right about the coward thing. I just wish I knew what to do. I can't find a reason to live. I don't know what to say, there are many people on this forum who are going through so much pain, it's really sad. I hope you find something that makes you happy.

I wish I could say something right now to make you feel better about yourself & make you want to live but :sad: I can't.

Thanks for the reply, i'm so glad someone out there read my message and replied. It means alot to me.

Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.