Want to give up fighting.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by feathers, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

    feathers Well-Known Member

    There's nothing anyone can do. Doctors can do fuck all. Refer me to fucking useless idiots who don't know what they're talking about who refer me onto more useless idiots. With miserable months spent on pointless waiting lists with nothing worthwhile at the end. None of it works. There is no answer. Even the antidepressants aren't working anymore. Cutting doesn't work anymore. The one thing that would make me happy I can not have. The one thing I feel gives me a reason to even want to stay, I can't have. I wish I had enough xxx just to end it right now. I am so sick of fighting. I just want to stop fighting. I just want to slip away and be at peace.
  2. Sadeyes

    Sadeyes Staff Alumni

    So sorry you are feeling this awful...have you spoken to anyone to tell him/her that the medication is not working any more? This might be a place to start...maybe go to the appointment with someone so that s/he can also advocate for you and to assure you that your concerns are addressed...big hugs, J
  3. feathers

    feathers Well-Known Member

    Thank you. My boyfriend is trying to get me to make a doctors appointment. He is very worried at the minute.
  4. may71

    may71 Well-Known Member

    What is the thing that makes you happy that you can't have?
  5. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    YOur bf listen to him okay make doctor appt or call crisis and get into hospital there they will set up care for you more quickly okay
  6. feathers

    feathers Well-Known Member

    A baby. I think I have BPD and it is an impulsive thing that I need to get otherwise I go mad about it.
  7. CatherineC

    CatherineC Staff Alumni

    You don't live in Manchester do you? I swear that Manchester Mental Health services are the most appalling waste of time ever. Even my GP spits nails if they're mentioned.
    There are things which can be done but clearly you haven't received the right care. That's not acceptable here in the UK where we have a NHS which is costing us a fortune, it makes me so angry to see the poor service that mental health users have to put up with.
    Enough of my rant though. If you think that you have BPD, then you may need another med to even out the antidepressant. Have you actually been diagnosed with BPD? If not, then insist on another psych visit to get a proper diagnosis. You can do this by writing to your local hospital and complaining about the lack of care you've received. Copy your MP into the letter and the hospital will bend over backwards to treat you properly and you'll be put to the front of the queue. (Trust me, I work for the Govt, I know how Govt administration works)
    If you can't get an appointment with your doctor, then go to A&E and ask to speak to the psychiatric nurse. Tell them that you're suicidal. They'll tell you to go home with someone to keep an eye on you. Refuse, say that isn't going to work and you need to be admitted for treatment. They have to give you treatment and have to find you a bed. There probably won't be any room in the Psych unit so they'll try to put you off again. Refuse, demand treatment (politely but firmly) They'll have to send you to a private hospital instead where at least you'll get a proper diagnosis and some care.
    The system has failed you and it's time to fight back! Stay strong x
  8. feathers

    feathers Well-Known Member

    I already turned up to A&E, they told me after I waited an hour that I would have to wait another 4 hours so I told them to stuff their waiting times and walked out (They let me! Knowing I was suicidal!?) But I got an appointment with the crisis team the next day and they referred me to a psychiatrist which should be in about a month, hopefully will get a diagnosis from there. But the whole threatening them with the MP sounds like a good idea!! :p I will bear that and your other advise in mind. Thanks :)
  9. CatherineC

    CatherineC Staff Alumni

    Typical A&E!!! You have to sit it out. I know someone who was stuck there for 12 hours but she stuck it out and went into a private hospital for a couple of weeks.
    Let the Crisis Team know that you'll be making a complaint. (It's even better if you get your boyfriend/mother/father/whoever to tell them, since they can't put it down to you being ill)
    Write to the hospital and tell them how you were treated in A&E. If you do it by email, then you can copy your MP in at the same time. It will work, honestly. I don't work in the NHS but another area of Govt and when an MP gets involved, everyone has to drop everything and deal with it. It's treated really seriously.
    You deserve the best treatment there is. Make sure you get it.
    Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.