Want to go away

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jusmo, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jusmo

Jusmo New Member

To start off, just want to say to say thanks for reading. For the past 10 or so years, my family has been giving me way too much shit. I'm at a point where I'm about to just go crazy. The only solution right now that I can think of is to run away.

I'm currently living in New Jersey with them and anything I ever wanted to do/learn was turned down by them. But I was a little good boy and put up with it and tried to make them happy, but all they cared about was education. As of right now I can only see 2 options that I have:

1. Kill Myself
    2. Drive away to some other state and live on my own.

I would prefer number 2. I have about $1000 saved up, unfortunately, around $200-$500 needs to be spent on my car so I can even drive safely. Also, if I did move away, I haven't the slightest clue on what to do once I get to that place. I got fired from 2 jobs, I have no references to mention if I apply for a job at wherever I end up. The obvious, a place to stay.

I have no intention of fixing anything with my family, I just need to be away from them for a long ass time... So I came here for advice on what and how I should do it before I end up committing the 1st option.

Thanks Again.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Jusmo and welcome to SF. Education is actually a good thing. When you're well educated, it helps getting a good job and also with understanding the world around you. I'm a teacher by the way. Moving out seems like a good option, since you can't stand your family, but you have very little money and no job, so how are you going to support yourself? Do you have any friends or relatives that you could move in with?
  3. Jusmo

Jusmo New Member

No I do not have any frieds or relatives. I talked to some people in the chatroom early in the morning today, I'm going to try to find another job, save up than try to get out. I know education is a good thing, but if your not allowed to do anything else, you tend to hate it.

Thanks for the response.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so glad you are finding support here...I think it is always a good idea to write out what you are going to do and break it down into usable steps...that way you can stay on target...also maybe you can find counseling to assist you with the issues of your family so that you can feel that you have dealt with what you can before you leave...just my 2 sense...J
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Jusmo,
    Can I ask how old are you! In some states you can become immancipated. You just need to show them you can support your self. In Florida you have to be 16.
    You can apply for assistance also. Like medicaid, food stamps, and probably a few other benefits.
    Please do one thing and finish school. I quit in twefth grade, and had shit jobs most of my life. I finally got a good paying job because I lied about my education. I worked there for ten years before I had a nervous breakdown. it is even more important now. Alot of the jobs I had over the years are even wanting to see that diploma. That means I am a fossile. Take care and maybe sit your parents down and let them know they are suffocating you!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.