Want to have an accident

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MarySmith, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarySmith

MarySmith Member

I'm Mary, and I'm 18 years old. I've been having suicidal thoughts for over a year now, and been suffering from severe depression. I know that if this goes on much longer I'm going to end up killing myself... the only thing is that I don't have enough courage to actually do it.

I can't help wanting to have an accident so badly. I don't know why. I think it might just be a plea for attention from my family and friends, because no one seems so see how sad I've been lately. I've been thinking more and more of stepping in front of a car, jumping off my balcony or even stabbing myself and pretending it was a random freak attack, I'm just scared that I might end up with permanent damage, either physically or mentally, or I might even die, so I always chicken out at the last moment, but one of these days I'm determined to get myself so badly hurt that I land up in hospital for a few days or weeks at least.

I know it seems cowardly, and I think I need help. I've been trying to think about this logically for weeks, but I can't think of any way out of it.

Please help :sad:
  2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Hi Mary,

Where are you?

You don't need to do anything to get help. It seems as though you don't want to die. Speak to your friends and family. If you get those thoughts of ending it go to the hospital. In the UK you can go to A+E and they will arrange for a psych to see you very quickly. Recently there was this thing in the news where this guy killed himself in the hospital as they took their time getting to him. After that they have changed the way things work and if you go to your local hospital saying you feel like you are going to harm yourself or someone else they will get the crisis team down there in one phone call.

Who is it you want attention from, your family/friends or the hospital?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.