Want to lose weight.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by ashla86, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I want to lose about 10 or 20 more pounds. I know why I can't lose weight, it's because I can't seem to stop eating. I've bought healthy food recently and have been munching on that whenever I get the urge to eat. I get bored so easily so when I get bored I eat. I walk a lot every night and on weekends I go for about 5 walks a day because I get bored and they are usually long ones. I also work in a factory where I do heavy lifting and I am constantly on my feet running around, so I could lose the weight if I would just stop eating so much.
    I just don't know how. It sounds like it could be something easy to stop doing but it really isn't. I am 5'5 and use to weight 168 over a year ago and I am now down to 140 but I would like to go down to 130 or 120. I don't even know how I lost the weight, it all just disappeared while I wasn't paying attention but I haven't lost any weight since last summer when I noticed I lost the weight. I also eat when I get depressed. Last night a group of people made fun of me (see more in my post in the bullying forum) and so I went to the store and bought some Crisper's and ate the whole bag. I was crying and eating, I didn't even realize how much I had eaten.
    Today I bought apples, banana's, special k cereal, carrots, celery, vegetable thin crackers and mushrooms. So I am hoping that when I get the urge to eat and I munch on that stuff it will help. I really don't eat as much during the week as I do on weekends because I am working.

So if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it. (A lot of people tell me that I am at a good weight but I really would like to lose the 10 or 20 pounds so i hope someone can help me with it and not just tell me my weight is fine.)
  2. jupiter202

jupiter202 Well-Known Member

I think its great that you bought healthy food to have on hand..I think thats the best thing to do, have the healthy stuff available to you. If you feel like you want to snack....wait it out...drink some water....then if you STILL want something after a while, have something healthy. Thats what I try to do.

Maybe add to your workout regime....walking is great....but maybe add something to it? A class? Weights? Walk further? Just changing up what you do now will probably kickstart your metabolism.

Good luck!:smile:
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think it is about being comfortable in one's body...once one understands what truly full and hungry is, it seems the scales do change...I agree with Jup202 that excercise is critical...I do a lot of core work which requires less exertion and takes about 45 min...and I walk as far as I can...hope you reach your goal and keep at it...it takes time! Best of luck
  4. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I have started to take these pills. They are called Cylaris, normally I don't take diet pills but I have heard good results from these. So I am going to start taking them and continue with my diet.
    I only ever drink water, I've been like that for a while. Most sweet drinks gross me out. I can't drink pop because it gives me stomach aches, in fact I think it's been about a year now since I last drank pop. I usually eat just sandwiches, special k cereal. When I get the munchies I eat carrots or vegetable thin crackers.
  5. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

based on the numbers you posted, your body mass index is 23.3 which is in the 'normal weight' range. if you still want to lose weight, the most important thing is to burn more calories than you take in. so remember, muscle burns more calories than fat, therefore you might want to look into a strength training program - you could do that at home or at a gym. be very careful with pill though, they may have other adverse health effects.